RIP Luis Aldaz. For those of you unaware, he had just signed on to drive in ALMS.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RIP Luis Aldaz. For those of you unaware, he had just signed on to drive in ALMS.

The most humble, patient, fun-loving man you could ever meet. All it took was meeting him once for a minute or two, for him to be forever imprinted in your mind as a good human being. I have the honour of claiming a few more minutes, but not enough.

From Gail, his long time girlfriend:

"I'm not sure how to begin to tell you about what happened to Luis, as this all feels surreal and it's hard for me to believe he's really gone. I can start by saying that Luis loved exotic cars and had an incredible passion for life.

Luis and I went to Santana Row Saturday morning, which turned out to be a great event with a huge turnout. There were lots of friends he hadn't seen in a while and quite a few that he sees on a regular basis so it was the start of a perfect day. We ended up going on a group drive to the coast. Luis and I were at the end of the group...for those who knew Luis, you would know why. We were on a slow moving road, his Black GT3 Porsche was impeccable, so he was going about 5 mph to ensure he didn't get gravel chips...I know, I know, he's given everyone else plenty of "dings" from his sticky race tires ? including myself. I learned a long time ago to drive in front of him (but I could never stay in front for very long). Once we got on the good road, Luis passed me (shaking the ground and yes, hurting my ears with his extreme loud exhaust that the car is infamous for). He made a couple of turns and then he was out of my sight. Moments later he was off the road.

Luis was a young 39 and full of life. Luis was VP of a wireless communication company. He had numerous patents, articles written about him and tons of great success stories. Back in the days, he was an Olympic swimmer for Spain and Switzerland. He was passionate about sports and was an extreme skier, snowboarder and tennis player...he was a bit bad at golf though, yet he could hit a golf ball farther than anyone I knew. Luis had 2 Master Degrees from Switzerland, and he spoke 5 fluent languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian and German)...but most importantly, Luis was an extremely sensitive, compassionate, fun loving guy.

I notified Luis' parents yesterday and they are flying out from Spain today to take him home.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the support I've received. It just confirms how much Luis was loved. You'll never know how much you are helping me get through this terrible pain I have, the pain I know you all share. I want to specifically thank those that were with us Saturday (Grace & Kelvin, Anna & Josh, Carolyn & Lyndon, April & Nizam, Susan & Max, Eric, Ajay, Lisa & Kirby and Sal) and supported all my emotions for endless hours and were truly there when I needed you...I don't know how I could have gotten through this without all of you...

Luis...I am so empty without you and miss you terribly, my heart is in so much pain and only time will heal...

And one more thing, I sure hope the Angels have "ear plugs", cuz I can hear you now!!!

May you rest in everlasting peace...I miss you and love you so much,
Gail"<ul><li><a href="http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144181">you may need to register to read the thread</a></li></ul>
Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's so sad RIP Luis.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rips at my heart.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Very nice guy met him a couple of times, he was a customer of my roomates from Devek then TRG.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
ATH
Elder Member

Good friend of mine - we'll miss you Luis
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

He had the most awesome smile and attitude towards life... I miss him RIP Luis
Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd. those last 3 lines, the pain. 8-(
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 AM

my sincere condolences.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Condolences from the northern neighbour.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry about your friend, April, et al...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RIP Luis Aldaz. For those of you unaware, he had just signed on to drive in ALMS.