Share the location of your favourite Radar Trap !

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you're correct.

i realize my comments are a little off-color and in satire. the frame does not entail you to unlimited get out of jail cards, in fact it does nothing other then saying 'i donated.'

law enforcement is out there just doing their job, just like most of us who go into the office everyday. we have our duties and obligations, they have theirs. sure some may be *******s, but they may be just having a rough day, problems, etc like the rest of us.

all i'm saying is i don't believe all the extra worry is necessary if one would just follow the bylaws. i really don't think it's worth the extra hassle, thought, and effort. there are better things to worry about like sleeping well.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default According to several officers I have spoken to, if a person is being a bonehead, they still get a

ticket. If the officer is doing revenue collection duty such as speed traps and the like, then you get "special consideration" depending on the situation.

Isn't speed trap duty is considered hazardous duty, which means extra pay? In addition, overtime and hazardous duty pay are combined with regular base pay, when calculating pension, right? So while collecting revenue for the city/county/state instead of being law officers, they do get paid off by this as well. Works out great for everyone except the motorist best I can see.

Let's face it, speed traps are silly things meant mostly to fleece the public. If safety mattered, authorities would require real driver training before handing out a license. If driver safety mattered, they would enforce signaled lane changes (a huge source of accidents and congestion), driving while distracted (especially phones), cars going well under the limit and speed of surrounding traffic (speed differential kills), etc. We have 2 schools 2 blocks from my house, and except for a week when school starts, there are never any police there. Whenever I see a kid in that zone and slow down, folks just fly around me. No need for any fancy equipment or hazardous duty pay, so no cops.

So yes, I have to say I view an 11-99 plate as a weapon in an arsonal along with a radar detector and such, to help prevent random armed robberies by the authorities. It's sad that we have to pay them off this way, but that's life.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Ever since getting nailed for "speeding" on a sport bike when it was the dirt bike passing me

that generated the numbers, and the subsequent harrassment by the officer during the stop, my respect for the police in Cali went out the window. I fear them - I don't respect them. I didn't come to this country fearing police on sight. That makes me sad and a bit angry.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 AM

Default What do you think folks ? Should we we stop posting Radar/Laser PSA's because dubber-boy thinks

we're giving him a bad rap ?

IMO: Either get a real German sports car, and give up whining about other people being faster.

Or grow-up, deal with you're own <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/norcal/msgs/8548.phtml">bad raps</a><ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/norcal/msgs/56907.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/norcal/msgs/56907.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm with everyone else on this.

Most cops are corrupt or an 11-99 membership wouldn't much point behind it. My apologies to those of you who have friends/family in law enforcement, but I have next to no respect for cops working in low crime suburbs handing out tickets to people just to raise revenue (AKA help pay/increase their salaries) and fill quotas. On the other hand I do have the utmost respect for those officers working in cities and other areas where they actually do what a cop should be doing: fighting crime.

I've gotten tickets out here in Danville for going the speed limit (yes, not a mile over), and so has my dad. He has one maybe two tickets in the last 25 years. I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with the ticket itself, if we actually got a fair trial in a court of law, but you really don't. Once ticketed, unless the officer doesn't show, or you can produce some major flaw in the case, you're pretty much guilty. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I guess not.

Maybe I'm wrong for blaming the dressed up meter maids, but our traffic system is flawed, and they certainly aren't helping. They could just as easily be ticketing drivers for driving too slowly (especially in the left lane, which causes traffic), yet I haven't heard about a cop doing that one.

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/22/automobiles/22SAFETY.html?ex=1342756800&en=0085d8b459dc33f0&ei =5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss"> NYT Article from this weekend </a>
<a href="http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/22/misguided-youth-teen-driving-distractions/"> Along with talking on the phone while driving, I hope texting or playing with your phone is included.</a>I personally can't wait until people start getting ticketed for not having a headset.

&lt;/rant off&gt;

PS A question for the cop defenders: Why is it everytime a cop is on the highway, traffic just slows to a crawl around him/her? I mean theoretically all those people were driving just fine, right? Every driver can't be wrong and they all can't be paranoid with out just cause, right?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Top of Market Street, near twin peaks....Usually at night
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Meh....I always speed and get tickets every week. I even ran over

couple of dogs and cats and even an old guy once. I say screw the map and just speed.....OH! that brings me to my next point! Whenever I see this crappy Orange VW Rabbit I ALWAYS Race him. Then follow him to his parking lot and pee all over it.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 AM

Default aww how cute.

you know how to use the search function.

i never said i owned a sports car...you know, miata.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Default cheers to drunken nights.

i think we'll be in the city on tuesday. going to some new restaurant called spruce. heard of it?

Quick Reply: Share the location of your favourite Radar Trap !