Stay away from Royal Motors Audi Sales (San Francisco)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Royal Motors Audi Sales (San Francisco)

These guys practice bait and switch--don't even bother getting a quote for your car here.

I negotiated a TOTAL (bottom-line) price for a custom-built A4 with the "internet manager", Evelynn Holtz, and when it came to place the order I was faxed a very unprofessional piece of vague sloppiness (it was not on letterhead, was not dated, was not signed, and was factually incorrect as it did not specify the premium package, a $7,000 option) which did not include the total price negotiated but had me to agree to unspecified fees.

When I started inquiring about these fees, reminding Evelynn that we had agree to a bottom line pricing, all of a sudden she says that there was a mistake and that the $825 "destination charge" was not included. Next round, it's a $50 "documentation fee" that's not included. When I finally think that I have a true bottom-line price, even though another dealer is $17 less than them I make the courtesy of placing the order with Royal given that that's where I test-drove the car.

The response to my order: "I talked it over with my Manager and we have decided we are not interested in doing this deal at this time. After our reviewing our last correspondence [the one where she told me of the never-before-disclosed or agreed to $50 fee], we have decided it is not in our best interest. If you want to talk to the Sales Manager, his name is Craig Perry 415-241-8128."

In other words, Royal was happy to BAIT me with a low price only to spring me with fees at the last minute (the SWITCH). They refused to do the deal they agreed to once they realized that I would not allow extra fees.

Anyone knows if Audi would care to hear this story? They should ashamed of having a dealer so unprofessional--the sales offer they sent me on plain paper was so absolutely ridiculous by itself, let alone the negotiation in bad faith.

Last edited by hillrider; 03-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I had some problems with Carlson in September...

They were advertising a manual S4 for $29k, and I emailed them twice to confirm that it was a manual, and they assured me both times that it was. I got there, and they told me it was not, but offered to show me two others that were, but for $35K and $36k. They were shameless about this. I called Audi USA to report the bait and switch, and the ad went down for an hour, and then went back up. I complained a couple more times, and Audi USA basically told me that they have no real control over their dealers.

You could have asked around here, and we would have told you how awful Royal is. Don't even think about taking your car to their service department, unless, of course, you want them to find similar ways to charge you fees. I always stick with Rector. Great service department and the most honest Audi salespeople I have ever met.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
gtc
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hillrider
These guys practice bait and switch--don't even bother getting a quote for your car here. ....
Not only that, but their service department caters to the lowest common denominator, which happens to be Mazda. I took my car for service there once, and was standing by the garage, watching the techs take the cars out for "test" drives. Each car that came out, that was being driven by one of their people, immediately peeled out and started a "thuggish joyride" around the neighborhood. EXTREMELY unprofessional and disturbing.

I recommend Rector Porsche / Audi in Burlingame. From personal experience, that's a good dealership.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Default DON'T Get me started with these guys

I bought my old B5 S4, which went through without a hitch and at a great price, but then it came to service. EVERYTIME I went there the car was returned with something broken, from broken door handles to torn up alternator wiring after waterpump/timing belt repair. The most dishonest service dept I have ever worked with.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

**** Royal, never liked their service dept....very unprofessional.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kievskiy
**** Royal, never liked their service dept....very unprofessional.
2nd. they stole all the change from my coinholder and dinged my car. WTF?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

dude they put my car on double park with hazards on for like 20 min last time, i was WTF??? who's gonna pay for the ticket if i get one? The service girl just replied: But you didn't...here're your keys...
Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

hillrider - Any updates on this? Did you let AoA know about this poor sales transaction and cancellation? I'd write them a letter of complaint, give them names, dates and phone numbers.