well, Livermore Audi just burned its last bridges with me. (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Twice you mention...

both dealers and how they might or have covered cars that have been chipped before. You clearly implicate them. I'm not questioning anything else about your story. But you should be mindful of what you post on a public forum. That's all. Now you've got two dealerships looking over their back because of what happens here. Do you really think they don't read this forum? I see every Audi dealer in the Bay Area reading AW everytime I walk into the showroom.

Now that AoA knows that there is a reputation (whether its justified or not), these two dealerships will be very careful with any car now, making it harder for people who are honest and forthright about their dealings with these dealerships to get their serviced in an efficient and timely manner.

If these dealerships disrespected you in their behavior, that's one thing. And I'm sorry that you had to experience that, but there is no way that you should be naming any dealerships and their reputations with warranty work (involving chipped cars) on a public forum.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very alarming...yet one sided...this is very surprising..

last i was at livermore audi i was greeted with exceptional service....i live a mile away from another dealership, but choose to drive my car 45 minutes to livermore since i received such good service. i'd recommend them to anyone and still will...

but what strikes me is, you shouldnt have taken offense to them not letting you drive your car into the garage..they must abide by certain liability issues - it's just like going to a construction site without a hard hat.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:01 PM

Default then perhaps they should be careful how they treat their customers

especially ones they know post on "public message boards".

i never implicated diablo in anything...they never did ANY work on my car while it was chipped, and as far as i know they never did anyone else's either. i was honest with them, and they treated me well.

livermore, on the other hand, accused me of chipping it on the first service visit.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:03 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

right, because crapple is not his real name.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:04 PM

Default i didn't take offense at it

all i did was ask him if that was possible. i wish i could replicate his demeanor...he was talking to me like i was a punk or an idiot. or both.

i wasn't the one who got belligerent here, i wasn't the one who swore at a customer (or at anyone), and i wasn't the one who said "screw you", in so many words. i was polite, respectful, and trying to work out the best way to handle this with them. i had my unhooked key in hand during the second half of this discussion.

i'm glad you had a good service experience...and you're free to post about it. however i've had a consistently bad one over the past few years, and i thought i should finally speak up.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dude, read your post...

Regarding Diablo, you say, "i have a feeling that if i had the car taken to Diablo, it would have been covered."

That in itself, though not explicity, is an implication that you believe a dealer will have covered your chipped car.

Again, I understand anger against dealerships - I've had plenty of that. But in the end, you're doing a disservice to the Audi community by saying what you say regarding their ability to service a chipped car.

I'm just offering you some advice, that's all.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:07 PM

Default i see your point

however, that's mere speculation. they never did any work on a chipped vehicle, nor did i ever ask them to.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I know its hard to deal with dealerships, especially when they give you crap

for a car that costs as much as it does. I have had similar issues with many dealerships in the bay area recently. Its a difficult issue and time consuming- to say the least.

I hope that maybe lessons can be learned by Livermore from your post.

No hard feelings man.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default sorry if i took it the wrong..but that's the tone in your post...

defensive aren't we?

sorry to hear about your unforutnate experience though. guess it wont happen again since you aren't going back.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:23 PM

Default yea, when you accuse me of being an ***, i'll get defensive

if anything, my demeanor got more and more...<i>flabberghasted</i> as the conversation wore on. just frustrating to deal with these people.

Quick Reply: well, Livermore Audi just burned its last bridges with me. (rant)