AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   NY / NJ / CT Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/ny-nj-ct-discussion-41/)
-   -   another g-d damn bubble in a tire... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/ny-nj-ct-discussion-41/another-g-d-damn-bubble-tire-2441151/)

KEVIN97A4 04-02-2006 08:55 PM

another g-d damn bubble in a tire...

last night in williambsburg I hit a monster pothole....I didnt even see it....but it was a hard hit...I pulled over and what do you know...another bubble in the tire...this time drivers front (2 months back I hit another pothole and bubbled the front pass tire which I replaced with the spare)...now I'm pissed...I need to shell out about 2 hundred beans to replace the two tires....people that have 18's in NYC must be replacing their tires more often than me....weird because I drove a g35x with 17's as well for 1 year and never had this problem....are these continentals just prone to sidewall bubbling?.... anyone know the cheapest place online to order tires?

S40RCE:Smurf 04-02-2006 09:06 PM

i had to change 3 tires in 1 year since i got my S4 bc of bubbles :(

NYCapri 04-03-2006 04:49 AM

I hear you man. got a bubble on my conti on BQE

I was thinking of getting 18's. But i am very prone to flat tires and tire problems. Even with my last car. I had an Honda. Maybe its a conti thing cause i had conti on the Honda too.

Just hope you didnt bend your rim when you hit those crazy potholes.

2PUTT 04-03-2006 04:55 AM

my bubbled tire has been replaced by the dealer for free - wheel/tire insurance.

KEVIN97A4 04-03-2006 07:19 AM

the tire/wheel insurance...would that be mentioned on my lease agreement?

tipsyhemi 04-03-2006 08:02 AM

no one can beat my record

#9 (actually #8 &#9) came in one shot. unlike you i didnt see any of them, except for one it was 100mph so it doesnt count

im getting dunlops rite now. Contis suck thats universal for New Yorkers.

2PUTT 04-03-2006 08:15 AM

it is insurance that you can buy in addition to your new car financed/leased.

ask your dealer if you can still buy it. i think it is well worth it if you think you will be encountering more potholes. it pays for itself after 2 tires or 1 wheel replacement.

newyorker2 04-03-2006 10:10 AM

Not so tiny bubbles...

I've been driving in NY for 20 years and only last 2 audis (Pirellis and Contis) have developed bubbles and that's WITHOUT hitting major potholes!!!!! I do drive around them now and still... Can you keep us posted afetr you switch to Dunlops?
Personally, we should file a class action suit against NY Gov.!!! That's our taxes at work!!!! I think only Baghdad has worst roads and that's after we've detroyed them for Iraqis :)

BeeRock::Riding Red 04-03-2006 10:25 AM

I have 18's with summitomos htrz II's 235/40=18 and i have never had a problem in all the years i

have used these tires. I used them on my 300zx twin turbo and went through about 3-4 rear sets on 17" antera 3 stars with no problems.

i been taking the cross bronx every week at least 2 times to my girlfriends and that stretch of road has the worst pot holes NYC is actually worse and ive cut across manhattan a couple times from midtown tunnel to jump on the turnpike or go to boken from queens.

if you want a really good and cheap tire the summitomos are AWESOME. people swear by those kumho ecstas but after feeling them with my nails after a high speed run compared tot he summi's they didnt feel as gummy.

try the summitomos

dont be foolish and buy 2 matched continetals again..

S40RCE:Smurf 04-03-2006 02:02 PM

yea get Dunlop SP Sport Maxx's i love em!