Dealership/Warranty Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership/Warranty Feedback

Hello, I have not been on these forums since I sold my A4 years ago but am once again in the market for another Audi and was wondering if anyone had any experience with North Bay Imports in CT and their extended warranties. I've been looking at a few vehicles they have, particularly an S4, but can't see driving off without any extended coverage. Any experiences out there, good or bad, using them and their warranties would be very helpful. Im just getting a little fed up with the local Audi dealerships by me. I have searched these forums but have not found too much recent information on them. Thanks
Old 03-08-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi extended warranty

Hello. I live in California and bought my Audi Pure Protection warranty directly from my local Audi dealer, just yesterday actually. I have no experience yet if Audi warranties take care of their customers or not, but I sure hope so. I trust an Audi extended warranty over a 3rd party and since Im like you, not wanting to have NO warranty, I just went with Audi. The coverage I purchased comes directly from Audi, it is NOT a 3rd party provider. They use to use Fidelity but now they do not since Audi now developed their own warranty. So Fidelity IS a 3rd party warranty now. Im weary of 3rd party. I had a bad experience with that before on a different car. So much red tape to try to get a claim approved. Smh. I have 3 local Audi dealers near me so I called each one, and told each one that I was searching for the best deal. Each dealer gave me drastically different prices for the same coverage. I went for the plantinum package so I can get the highest protection and I chose to get 6 more years of coverage and up to 100k miles, which ever comes first. An important key is to get your extended warranty added BEFORE your new car warranty expires (or your existing warranty), that way there is no car inspection fee and your rates will be lower. Also the lower the miles the cheaper the cost. The quote I got ranged from $4,700 and down to $3,080 for the same coverage with the same provider, Audi! HUGE difference! Audi gives you the option to finance it with 10 percent down (so for me it was $308 down) and pay $115 monthly with 0 interest for 2 years. They didn't even run my credit. It was easy as pie! I just filled out the contract and that was it. My deductible is $250. They have $0 and $100 deductibles but I wanted my monthly as low as possible and I wanted to pay less of a down. You can cancel at any time or pay it off sooner as well. I would research hard before deciding to go 3rd party. Also I'm not sure how late in the game you can actually get the Audi Extended Warranty. I do know there are some restrictions on the age and miles current on the car. For me I have a 2014 with 33,000 miles. I got the extended warranty 4 days before my original new car bumper to bumper warranty expired. Don't get an extended warranty too soon if you have an existing warranty. Once the extended warranty is added it overlaps the bumper to bumper warranty (or your existing warranty). And by the way...there is no such thing as an extended bumper to bumper warranty. Only new cars fresh off the lot has that. Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise. Hope this helps you or someone else although it doesn't answer your question specifically. Good luck to you.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information based off of your experience. I am still shopping for a car, but like you I prefer to have the coverage.