Looking for Dealer Recommendation - Upstate NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Dealer Recommendation - Upstate NY

Earlier this year, I called my dealer (Audi of Oneonta NY) to schedule service and was told they had just been notified that hey were no longer an Audi authorized dealer and couldn't perform any warranty related repairs. They referred me to Albany Audi, which is a 2.5 hour drive for me. Instead, I tried Audi of Cicero (Syracuse, NY, 1 hour away), Since I didn't buy my car there, they acted like they couldn't care less about servicing my car. The whole visit seemed like a total blow-off. Interestingly, I was there for almost two hours and didn't see a single customer come into the showroom (weird!). The Service Advisor has been completely unresponsive in following up on a TSB-related issue with my brakes. I've called and e-mailed the SA and the Service Manager with no response or call-back in the weeks since. I worked as a service advisor at a GM dealership for 6 years and can appreciate how hard the job can be. I'm only looking for basic customer service and quality technical support.

Long story short, I need to find a dealer for service and repairs at least through my warranty period. My choices are Audi of Ithaca (1 hour away), Wyoming Valley Motors (1.5 hours away), or Albany (2.5 hours away). Any recommendations or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I've had my car serviced at Audi of Rochester with no problems - 2.5 hours all interstate roads (86 & 390).

I've visited Langan Audi just north of Albany (Rt 87 Northway) a couple of times for social events and tried out a couple of cars there. Never experienced the service department there. Both places are up to date. Rochester was recently remodeled.

If you go to Albany, check out Cardona's Market, 340 Delaware Ave. It's a fantastic Italian market.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised to hear about your experience at Burdick Audi in Cicero. I didn't purchase my SQ5 there, but recently brought it in for a couple issues. I found their service department extremely accommodating and helpful. They fixed a couple items, only one of which was covered under warranty. They gave me a loaner car and fixed the non-warranty issue and didn't charge me for anything.