Audio Bought Back A 2012 CPO - AudiWorld Forums

Audio Bought Back A 2012 CPO

Old 03-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audio Bought Back A 2012 CPO

Has anyone else heard of this ? This took place over about an 8 month period.

Long story short , a friend bought a 2012 CPO A5 about 3-4 months into having it he noticed the sunroof creaked/popped at certain times while driving. He took it to another (closer) dealer he bought it from they couldn't verify it. So he hooked up a gopro and drove it around to get it on video.
Brings it back they play the video, hear the noise , do what Audi tells them to do.
Doesn't fix it.
2nd time to try and fix replaced sunroof track .
Still does it.
3rd time ,took sunroof frame etc out didn't do it. Reinstall gives it back
4th time removed drivers door removed the whole interior roof paneling insulated everything reinstalled , still did.
Each time the dealership had the car weeks at a time, so he drove a A4 loaner car, so no complaint from him other than he said the A4 felt small/cramped...
Audi tells dealer to put all back together and will be in contact with customer (my friend)

I still can't believe it, but they basically was going to find another 2012-2016 with same optioned out A5 . They couldn't find one , so they are taking his back and giving him a 2018 A5 , he wanted a couple different options so it will cost him out of pocket $6k .
He still owes on the 2012 , so basically he gives the dealer/Audi $6k and just keeps the same payment/payoff and gets a brand new one.
He's suppose to take delivery of it this week or early next week.

I didn't even realize the 18's are already out.

This just seems to good to be true ?

Last edited by OFDPOS; 03-20-2017 at 01:23 PM.
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFDPOS View Post
Has anyone else heard of this ? This took place over about an 8 month period.

Long story short , a friend bought a 2012 CPO A5 about 3-4 months into having it he noticed the sunroof creaked/popped at certain times while driving. He took it to another (closer) dealer he bought it from they couldn't verify it. So he hooked up a gopro and drove it around to get it on video.
Brings it back they play the video, hear the noise , do what Audi tells them to do.
Doesn't fix it.
2nd time to try and fix replaced sunroof track .
Still does it.
3rd time ,took sunroof frame etc out didn't do it. Reinstall gives it back
4th time removed drivers door removed the whole interior roof paneling insulated everything reinstalled , still did.
Each time the dealership had the car weeks at a time, so he drove a A4 loaner car, so no complaint from him other than he said the A4 felt small/cramped...
Audi tells dealer to put all back together and will be in contact with customer (my friend)

I still can't believe it, but they basically was going to find another 2012-2016 with same optioned out A5 . They couldn't find one , so they are taking his back and giving him a 2018 A5 , he wanted a couple different options so it will cost him out of pocket $6k .
He still owes on the 2012 , so basically he gives the dealer/Audi $6k and just keeps the same payment/payoff and gets a brand new one.
He's suppose to take delivery of it this week or early next week.

I didn't even realize the 18's are already out.

This just seems to good to be true ?
When someone tells a tale like that which sounds too good to be true it usually is. I don't believe that.
HBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Trying to figure out how to download the picture , he got it today .

I still can't believe Audi would do this , but they did.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

Hopefully the picture attached ?
He drove it by today, sat in it , looked like the A4 dash concept, I like the sunroof that actually opens up (slides back) vs ours just pops up a couple inches.
But didn't care for the new body lines !
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Bought Back A 2012 CPO-yep135.jpg  

Last edited by OFDPOS; 03-21-2017 at 10:09 PM.