Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Community Discussion > Off-topic Discussion
Reload this Page >

My 'not so nice' interaction w/ Lltek Motorsports

Notices

My 'not so nice' interaction w/ Lltek Motorsports

Old 08-09-2018, 04:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My 'not so nice' interaction w/ Lltek Motorsports

EDIT: People have been mentioning that the pics don't show up....adding a imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/730ShsV

Just wanted to leave the e-mail correspondence with this company here and let you all make your own judgments on this company, possibly even offer any suggestions on what i should do next. i'll sum up where i'm at right now and then post the e-mails and then my summation will make sense.

Summing up:
- bought a front grill for my S8 for $832 ($733 + $99 for them to paint it)
- i've had to pay $73 dollars for return shipping for an item that did not fit and was very poor quality IMO. they will not refund shipping as part of their return policy
- Lltek said they will be holding on to the $99 dollars they charged me to paint the front grill
- they will refund me $733
- i'm out $182 ($73 shipping + $99 paint)

here's the 'nice' e-mail (below) i was sent in return to my e-mail stating all the reasons why i wanted to return this grill. i'll also include the pics i took of the grill not fitting and my original e-mail to them.

he nicely chose 'blue' for his font color. what do you guys think i should do???

Greg
Fri 7/27/2018, 11:15 AM
Mark Lubotta

Hi Mark,

Based on the phone conversation we just had, i'm including the pictures that i took of the defects of this grill. Also based on our conversation i'd like to return the grill as you said that would be no problem.

I would like to return this grill for a full refund.

the defects are as follows:
  • the grill does not fit, at all. it looks terrible inside the bumper no matter how it is fitted
  • the molding of the contours of the grill are off causing the grill to not seat in the factory bumper causing it to stick out from the bumper
  • the alignment of the screw holes is 1/2 - 3/4" off
  • the grill itself sticks out from the frame that was provided from you guys. it sticks out from the bottom and top of the grill frame. k
  • the parking sensor "holes" look terrible and they do not even come close to fitting the sensors. in order to fit them, the holes would need to be widened probably causing the plastic to crack or break
  • overall the grill looks very cheap. not something like i should get, considering i paid almost $800 for it
Something the body stop and I noticed you might want to look into: one of the smaller packages included with the grill was wrapped in foam padding that said "S4" on it. I have an S8.

Please put the full refund in motion. i will pack up the grill and everything else that was sent. I can drop it off to a UPS near me if you could please issue me an RMA number.

Thanks
-Greg

ML
Mark Lubotta
Fri 7/27/2018, 11:49 AM
Regards, Mark Lubotta LLtek Motorsports Tel Toll Free: 888-465-5835 Tel Local: 514-733-6333 Tel Extension: 101 Fax: 514-735-6275 Tel International: 001-514-733-6333 Time Zone: Eastern Standard USA Time Shift: GMT less 5 Hours Website: LLTek Home Page Index - Body Kit Styling and Modification Kits for German Cars Email: [email protected]
GG
Greg
Fri 7/27/2018, 1:46 PM
Hi Mark, The return address you provided is the RMA number? In short, i'm not having to pay for return shipping, correct? I totally understand the refund will not be credited until the item has been returned. where do i fill out the customs information? at
ML
Mark Lubotta
Fri 7/27/2018, 1:54 PM
You may have missed it. The RMA is below our name and its 3232 LLTEK MOTORSPORTS RMA 3232 201 Dunbar Avenue Montreal Quebec, CANADA H3P 2H4. UPS will have the custom form. They stick it on the face of the box. Just use the wording I provided. Returning for
GG
Greg
Fri 7/27/2018, 5:46 PM
Thanks Mark
GG
Greg
Sat 7/28/2018, 1:15 PM
Hi Mark. They told me I'm going to need a pre paid shipping label to send the product back. Can you please send that to me when you get back in the office? Thanks
ML
Mark Lubotta
Mon 7/30/2018, 10:16 AM
Hi Greg, Just got your email Monday. I cannot send you a prepaid shipping label for a variety of reasons. The main one is that all of the accounting people are on holiday and they know how to do it and I do not. But there is more. You have made extensive claims
GG
Greg
Thu 8/2/2018, 1:36 PM
hi mark, sorry for the slow response, i just had surgery and was unable to type for a few days. i will send it back to you today. Sent from Outlook
ML
Mark Lubotta <[email protected]>
Mon 8/6/2018, 3:21 PM
Hello Greg,
I want to let you know the grill arrived.
I also hope your surgery went well and that you recover strongly.

I am going to outline below what we are going to do.
I will also say some things you may not like nor appreciate.
But I have to be honest and remember you are involved with just one grill.
We here see hundreds of issues and 99% are not valid.
That said I am prepared to give you your grill credit.

Let me begin.
You have a special car because it’s an S variant.
It is rare and special and thus it needs a special upgrade.
And when you first saw our RS grill you said “perfect that’s what I want”.
When you received the grill your expectations were not met and you immediately went cold.
Then there were a series of rationales as to why the grill was no good (your defect list).
You new immediately you could not live with the grill and you then became concerned about your money.
You listed a series of reasons why the grill was not acceptable.
I will address each point by point.

the defects are as follows:
  • the grill does not fit,
  • Greg. The grill fits the opening in your car correctly. You sent me a photo of the grill installed in the bumper but the bumper was off the car. Had the bumper been installed on the car those gaps would have closed in. All bumpers “open” when off of a car and are “closed or tightened” when the bumper is installed. You never installed the grill, never installed the bumper so you never saw the Gap disappear. We could not sell the grill that is made for D3 A8 and S8 cars if it did not fit and we do sell a lot and even sell to S8 owners in Germany. Basically you never got to the stage of seeing the grill installed on your car.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • the molding of the contours of the grill are off causing the grill to not seat in the factory bumper causing it to stick out from the bumper
  • Sorry to disagree. You never installed nor screwed in the grill, never installed the bumper on the car so this is an inaccurate statement. The grill was loose, the bumper was loose. As for the moulding and how it fits, it’s exactly the same look and fit as in the photo I sent you. Maybe you did not look closely at the photo then but look at them now. It’s identical. Is the grill and grill frame perfect? Maybe not and maybe just fine to others.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • the grill itself sticks out from the frame that was provided from you guys. it sticks out from the bottom and top of the grill frame. k
  • Yes and no. You never properly installed it so the “stick out” as you call it was never seen by you in a finished state. In other words you never tightly pulled the grill into place because you never installed it. And again, its like you see in our photos.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • . in order to fit them, the holes would need to be widened probably causing the plastic to crack or break
  • Look at the photo. The fit is fine. No hole widening. If we widened the opening you would see it in the photo. Audi owners have been fitting sensors in this grill for years. How come everyone else did it but you couldn’t. Answer. When you are of a negative mindset you look for reasons to justify and you turn the task into the impossible task. At least you used the word “probably”.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Now I told you I would waive the restocking fee which is 28% and I will.
It does not matter that you conjured up a bunch of reasons as to why.
That said I am not waiving the $99 paint fee which was done at your request. And how about that. You never complained about the paint. BTW there are minor scratches under the painted grill frame which means it will have to be repainted and I will waive the second $99 repaint fees. As of now there will be no charge to repaint. BTW again. I had painted the grill frame for you as a favour as 1 in 100 go out painted like yours. And how foolish of me to give you a grill discount as well. And we even freely upgraded your rings black for you (normally $88). Stupid me. And I gave you a free emblem holder as well. Stupid me.

We charged you $733 for the grill and that’s your credit.
This will be done once you confirm your acceptance by email.
So reply to this email saying you have read my email, you understand the terms of the credit of $733 and that you accept the terms of the credit.

Greg, I don’t like writing letters like this and rarely do I do so.
No one is forced to fall in love with our parts.
If you get something you don’t like coming up with your defect list is just not the way.
When you called me I said I would give you your 100% grill credit I am about to honour that credit.

PS. I loved the part about the S4 lettering on the white protective material trying to suggest we sent you the wrong grill hence the reason for the fit issue.

Regards,

Mark Lubotta
LLtek Motorsports
Tel Toll Free: 888-465-5835
Tel Local: 514-733-6333
Tel Extension: 101
Fax: 514-735-6275
Tel International: 001-514-733-6333
Time Zone: Eastern Standard USA
Time Shift: GMT less 5 Hours
Email: [email protected]

GG
Greg
Thu 8/9/2018, 7:39 AM
Hi Mark,

Yes, i'd like to get a refund. Please credit the discover card.

thanks

Sent from Outlook

Last edited by gmanw54; 08-14-2018 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added link to pics
Old 08-14-2018, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You are getting all $ back - shipment . They could charge you restocking fee and paint fee as there return policy and they have not. The email was definitely not worded “nice” but I think it’s a language issue and not him being rude.

Not sure what you are asking for they could legally take 28% and more for paint.