Other (Non-Audi) Autos Discussion Discussion forum for non-Audi vehicles

Looking for a TUV Ceritified Body-Collision Shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a TUV Ceritified Body-Collision Shop

My Audi TT was involved in an accident earlier this week. Its been a headache, and that an understatement! I did some research online and on the phone, and it seems that Audi requires that the shops doing any collision-body repairs on the models A8/S8, R8 & TT/TTS, are required to be TUV Ceritfied because they are alum. based vehicles. Heres a link as to what Audi is asking for:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...r_centers.html

So i called up AofA to get some contacts of Audi Repair shops that were TUV Certified and they tell me that they dont have any near my location! They suggest i call up my local dealers to see if they know of any TUV certified shops. I called up 6 shops in a 30mile radius (Palisades, NewCountry, Riverside, MoheganLake, Biener, Jack Daniels), and still no luck! [headbang] So i take matters into my own hands and go onto the TUV of NorthAmerica website and call them up, and yet again they cant release that information.

So now im at a dead stop and dont know what the f! to do. If anyone knows of a shop, thats in the mid-atlantic or new england states, that are TUV certified, please help me out and give me the number of the shop. Im located in zip code 10591, the tow isnt an issue as the other party is covering my damage costs.

PM or email is fine or just reply on here:
tribeiro11@gmail.com

Heres the story about my misfortune:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2754896

Thanks Guys!