AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Other (Non-Audi) Autos Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/other-non-audi-autos-discussion-131/)
-   -   new VW GTI: Could Use Some Help (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/other-non-audi-autos-discussion-131/new-vw-gti-could-use-some-help-2935352/)

russbert 10-23-2017 09:39 AM

new VW GTI: Could Use Some Help

I know this is an Audi forum but was wanting to get some help / suggestions for my wife. She is interested in the 2018 GTI (loves new facelift and virtual cockpit) and there seems to be a lot of current / past VW owners on this forum.

Which VW Forum(s) should she join in order to get the best information and is well mannered like this forum (she wasn't sure, there are too many she said)? :) Second, if she orders a new one how long would she typically have to wait (assuming someone on here has done that previously)? Any help is appreciated.

Diztek 10-23-2017 09:43 AM

i would have her join the "VW MK7 Golf - GTI - R - MQB" group on Facebook.

plat27265 10-23-2017 09:58 AM

There is an active forum of VW MK7 GTI and R Owners that she can join. Here is the link: GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I used to be a MK6 GTI Owner and I used to be an active member of the sister forum called www.golfmk6.com. Nice community with very helpful members. A lot of former MK6 members have moved on to become MK7 members.

russbert 10-23-2017 10:19 AM

Thanks guys; much appreciated! Any other suggestions?

Beseeingyou 03-12-2021 08:59 AM

Mk7/7.5 Forum on VWVortex, or the GolfMk7 forum. Forums are kind of a dying breed, but it avoids having to use Facebook.

The 7.5 cars have nice updates like digital cockpit. Some people aren't as much of a fan of the 7 speed DSG vs the 6 speed in the pre-facelift Mk7's; I had a 2016 GTI DSG but haven't driven a 7.5, so I can't compare unfortunately.

My 2016 was a fantastic car for the 5.5 years I had it. Only issues were the typical sunroof water leak and I seem to recall a leaky water pump (not uncommon EA888 issue).

uberwgn 03-12-2021 09:04 AM

We've got a 2016 GTI. I've visited a few of the forums over the years and can't say there was a real stand-out among them.

Can you "order" a VW? Are you doing one of their special colors, Russ?

charaxers3 06-18-2021 12:17 AM

looks great car

kuy895 02-19-2024 05:34 AM

I know this is an Audi forum but was wanting to get some help / suggestions for my wife. She is interested in the 2018 GTI (loves new facelift and virtual cockpit) and there seems to be a lot of current / past VW owners on this forum.

oxert 03-23-2024 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by russbert (Post 25056207)

Which VW Forum(s) should she join in order to get the best information and is well mannered like this forum (she wasn't sure, there are too many she said)? :) Second, if she orders a new one how long would she typically have to wait (assuming someone on here has done that previously)? Any help is appreciated.

For a friendly and informative VW community, your wife might consider joining TheSamba.com. It’s a well-established forum with a dedicated section for performance and technical discussions, which could be very helpful. As for the wait time on a new 2018 GTI order, it seems to vary. Some users report waiting several months, while others suggest checking with local dealers for in-transit vehicles to potentially shorten the wait. It’s best to contact local dealers directly for the most accurate information regarding delivery times.