Other (Non-Audi) Autos Discussion Discussion forum for non-Audi vehicles

Volvo S90 T6

Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo S90 T6

Just had one for a week on a business trip. I’m sure it was the base T6, but what a dog! It’s mmi equivalent is ridiculously unintuitive and cumbersome. The native NAV-same. AA/ACP integration—same...extremely cumbersome to use.

It felt heavy, lethargic, and the “pilot assist” was downright dangerous. The steering wheel was hunting between the lines so that the car felt like it was swaying from side to side in its lane- got motion sick a couple of times, it was so bad. It would accelerate and brake too aggressively if a car ahead moved out of or into the lane. And would not slow down until extremely late if a car up ahead stopped at a stop sign or light. If a lane dropped off, it wanted to drive into the median or jersey barrier. It constantly wanted to drive as close to the yellow line as possible—several times there was debris by the side of the road, and unless i fought the steering wheel it would go right over whatever it was—just awful.
Maybe it’s just Volvo’s System, or the one I had needed calibration, but if all these assist systems behave like this—I’m all set...
I dont have DAP on my S4, I didn't want it out of principle—I think they encourage bad driving behavior, let alone the fact that US road infrastructure is third world country level.