Pacific Northwest Discussion

B5 S4 exhaust recommendations anyone? Love to hear yours in person.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B5 S4 exhaust recommendations anyone? Love to hear yours in person.

I'm in the market for a new exhaust for my S4. I bought the AWE Twin 2 system since it seems to be popular and have a good reputation, but we're on the second system now and the local shop here still can't make it fit right. AWE isn't being very helpful or offering solutions. Everyone involved seems to be baffled by the fact it doesn't fit worth a damn.

So... anyone tried the TT 2.5" dual system? I'm not hell bent on a dual system, especially if there are fitment issues: rub, rattle, knock, etc. Probably my #1 concern is cabin drone. Volume of the exhaust OUTSIDE of the cabin isn't too big of a deal. I just hate that resonant drone in the 1800-2600 RPM range. I guess Avants are worse for that with no truck or rear shelf.

Bradley
Old 11-03-2010, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have you looked into a STaSIS system sounds good great power.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Exhaust

Personally I like the sound of 3'' better as its deeper and less raspy. Also the 3'' systems I have run fit better than the dual I had for a while. I had a neuspeed cat back for a while and would definitely recommend one.
The Nauspeed system is dual up until it Y's into single 3 before going into the resonator and there is a 3.5" all the way back to the rear muffler.
In my opinion those are one of the best exhausts out there and has a great balance, very quiet with absolutely no drone but when you get on it it gets loud. They have some of the best looking tips as well.
It also allows you alot of ground clearance since the area behind the cats is dual so you won't scrape there.
I had a UUC vm3 and those sit way to low and don't fit as well. Sound amazing but a bit on the loud side (as in eardrum shattering levels when I ran it without cats, ha).
The ASP tru-dual is also a nice choice and has the best looking tips, IMO (the 89mm tips).
Old 11-26-2010, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the feedback. I'm completely DONE with AWE and their Twin 2. Three different exhaust systems from them and none of them fit right. Ridiculous. My old Forge 3" system is back on the car for now. Getting ready to tear it all apart and start a Stage 3 build anyway, so I have plenty of time to ponder which exhaust. I might just go the custom exhaust route. 3" may be a little on the small side for this project, so now I'm thinking either dual 2.5" or 3.5" single. I just don't want it to be loud or raspy.