Notices
Parts For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your part's appropriate model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A4 17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD 17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires

SOLD

I have a set of 5 TRmotorsports MT1 17x8 5x112 ET48 wheels and tires up for sale. These wheels are made in Japan by Enkei and sold as Tire Rack's house brand. They are strong, and they are light at only 17lb each! They came off my Audi A4 (B5) and will fit many Audi and VW vehicles.

Enkei developed a new manufacturing process to produce the next aluminum wheel generation. The Most Advanced Technology (M.A.T) combines one-piece cast wheel technology with a rim forming technology called spinning process. Using this new technology of casting and rim forming by M.A.T process, is critical to improve drastically the material property and strength of the wheels. Rim-Rolled technology shapes the rim to improve material elongation without sacrificing the wheels hardness. The M.A.T process, has a drastic impact on the micro structure of aluminum and result In outstanding improvement of the mechanical property of the material. The process of spinning the rim allows Metal Flow in the rim part, which resemble the property obtained from forging process. The control of the metal flow in the rim section result in finer molecular structure without sacrificing the wheels strength and rigidity.

Only one of the 5 wheels has a slight rub on the rim. I have included a closeup photo. The dark color of the wheel makes it the mark virtually unnoticeable. The other 4 wheels have no marks. I'll admit they are a bit brake dusty in the photos but it was way too cold to try and wash them this morning. They are a beautiful satin gun metal finish.

4 of the wheels have very new Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 all-season high performance Z rated tires. The highest rated all-season high performance tire on the market. They have less than 3,000 miles on them. The tires are rated 560 AA A and one would expect to get a good 50,000 or more miles out of them. Fantastic in wet and dry conditions, and should be a decent snow capable tire as well. The 5th wheel was my full-size spare and it has a Michelin Pilot Super Sport with about half the tread worn (my previous tire). All tires are 225/45 R17.

Fantastic wheels and incredible tires I would keep if they fit my new S4. But they don't.

I've included a couple photos when they were on my A4, and a photo of a Golf I found on the Internet so you can see how they might look on your car.

Pickup only. I'm in the Portland, Oregon area.
Attached Thumbnails 17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-2.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-3.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-6.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-4.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-5.jpg  

17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-7.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-8.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-9.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-10.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by RobE; 01-05-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 01-01-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More pictures.

More pictures!
Attached Thumbnails 17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-11.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-12.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-13.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-14.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-15.jpg  

17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-16.jpg   17x8" Audi/VW Wheels and Newish Continental Tires-_-17.jpg  
Attached Images