Notices
Parts For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your part's appropriate model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other 2000.5 B5 S4 2.7T Engine for Sale jumped timing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000.5 B5 S4 2.7T Engine for Sale jumped timing

Well, I found a very nice used engine on eBay with the K04 upgrade already done, including a tuned ECU, so I'm selling my entire engine.

2000.5 B5 S4 2.7T. It has just under 160k on the odometer, the timing belt was done (previous owner) way back at the 60k mark but never again. The engine ran great, I had replaced the oil pressure sending unit and some other misc sensors over the last 4 years I've owned it, turbos were rebuilt at 120k (previous owner), I've had it since 140k, only put 20,000 miles on it in 4 years. It was a fun weekend driver for me.

Last October I was zipping down the interstate doing a lively 120, let off the accelerator going up a hill since I was getting off at the next exit, just coasting, up the crest of the hill, down the other side, and just as my exit was coming up, bucking and heaving engine, dump the clutch, coast down, starter won't turn the engine over.

Have it towed home, pull the front end, but couldn't turn the crank with the timing belt attached (still snug on the tensioner). I pull the timing belt and now I can turn the engine over by hand, but clearly interfering slightly with the valves as each one goes past the intake valve.

I haven't pulled it apart any further. For sale as it sits, good K03 stock turbos with 35-40k ish miles on them at the very least, wire harness, all the bolt-ons still attached. Would make a good candidate for rebuilding the heads and fixing your blown motor car or a rebuild base for upgrading.

Asking $750 obo plus shipping on your dime. I can strap it to a pallet and take it to a freight terminal. That's basically what I'd ask for the turbos plus $400 bucks for an entire engine that probably just needs the heads rebuilt. Pay my asking price and I'll also include two ECU's, one with a stock tune, one with a Stage 1 tune, GIAC copy with a slightly more aggressive low end, it ran VERY well. Paid $300 for the tuned ECU and a stock ECU goes for about that on eBay, so you're essentially getting a free engine with this sale.

Local shop in Nashville quoted me $300 to rebuild the heads and replace the valves that are bent (he was very familiar with which ones interfered). If you want to pay $1,100, I'll ship it to you with the heads rebuilt and back on it (I already have the gaskets). You can do the rest of the water pump timing belt service, and you'll have a nice 2.7T engine with a Stage 1 and stock ECU.

I don't want to go to the trouble of pulling it all apart and then selling pieces individually at the moment.

Thanks,
Old 08-02-2014, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What box is the tuned ECU?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question, I just saw the box it came in yesterday when I was working on cleaning my storage area in the house. I'll pull the ECU that's in the car later today and see which one it is. However, as I mentioned, I'm not selling things separately at this point.

Still trying to figure out whether to leave the Fidanza on there and the chatter when the clutch isn't depressed is a bad throwout bearing or if, and if putting in a Stage 4 engine (K04's, and all the supporting mods including tuned ECU) the Fidanza rattle will go away or if it will get worse and I should just put the stock dual mass unit back in.

Really puzzling that Fidanza rattle. If it really is engine harmonics with the engine at low RPM's, it should do it when the clutch is engaged or disengaged in an equal noise level if the RPM's are the same. The fact that the rattle goes away when the clutch is pushed down leads me to believe something in the clutch assembly isn't right (a reputable VW/Audi shop did the install).

I know, wrong section for a question, but you seem to have been here a while and no one is answering my question in the other forum, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I've been rebuilding Mits engines going on 15 years, and I've done some small things with this S4 over the last 4 years, but haven't gotten into more serious engine work 'til now.