Notices
Parts For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your part's appropriate model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other PARTOUT: Audi S8 D3 2008, white/black/charcoal interior, doesn’t run

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PARTOUT: Audi S8 D3 2008, white/black/charcoal interior, doesn’t run

My 08 S8 D3 died recently, and rather than take the scrap value and see her crushed, i’d rather see bits of her go to a good home. She was fully spec’d when new (B&O sound, carbon fiber trim, solar panel, AMI, etc.)

Engine doesn’t run (to quote my mechanic ‘she’s f****d’), but otherwise in good shape.

Will strip anything off her if you need it, just make me an offer - if it’s reasonable, it’s a deal. Happy to take photos of whatever you want, and i’ll let you know if what you want is damaged or worn, i’m not here to make a profit, just break even on the scrap value.

If what you want needs a mechanic to remove it from the car, i’ll get you a quote for the work (I have a very reasonable mechanic), but I can’t vouch for any of the mechanical parts, engine accessories, etc. so bear that in mind when you make an offer. Obviously if something gets to you and doesn’t work i’m not going to keep your money, but you’ll be out shipping costs.

The car is left hand drive, so good for folks in the US, but it is in Dubai. Shipping is fairly reasonable for lighter items, but can stack up if your looking for heavy/bulky items, again, I can get you a rough quote if you want something.

Some basic details (ask for more specifics):

Black leather interior with white leather inserts,
Carbon fiber trim (in excellent condition),
Charcoal Alcantara headliner and door inserts,
Silver exterior, paint in good condition (if you fancy a whole panel!),
Bang & Olufsen speakers/amp. Pop-up tweeters work fine, right side (passenger) main door speaker not perfect at full volume,
Solar panel moonroof in working order,
AMI and 6 CD changer with harness adapter,
All major interior (cluster, vents, buttons, dash, speaker grills, auto window blinds, etc.) in perfect order.

Some bits to watch out for:
The wiring in the headlights is on its way out, and the plastic is a little discolored, so unless you want to restore them, don’t bother (tail lights are fine);
Trunk motor works, but the self open/close is temperamental;
‘soft close’ automatic door mechanism doesn’t properly close the doors;
Some spring tabs on cup holder and under armrests have come loose/broken (I still have the parts);

Basically, if you want something...ask, i’ll see what I can do. I’ll be posting some of the more sought after parts separately as well, but feel free to enquire here as well.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A8 parts

Hi there.

I have an A8L in Abu Dhabi. I'm needing to replace the bonnet struts, a seat belt buckle for the back right passenger seat, a clip for the central rear seat arm rest box. How is the gearbox? Mine is starting to give grief and I'm worried about it. I was going to get out repaired, but if yours is working, it might make more sense to take that. What engine did yours have? I'm having problems with the adaptive headlights too. I'm trying to find a way to fix them. Have you come across any fixes?

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards
Jason
Old 01-01-2019, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Jason,

I can do bonnet struts, buckle and arm rest clip. The gearbox is in good working order, but likely won’t fix your issues as it is set up for the 5.2 V10 on this car (S8), but other parts should fit no problem.

The car is in Khalifa A, if you’re nearby, maybe pop over and have a look at it? It has brand new tires, battery, etc. as well as good condition trim peices, electronics, MMI, etc.

My adaptive headlights also went shortly before the engine did, so can’t help you there. The suggested fix from the Audi workshop was new headlight units at $1600 each, so I decided to live without them...

Cheers,
Oli
Old 01-05-2019, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

TTT
Old 01-12-2019, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bumper, AMI, tail lights, headlights and front grille gone. Everything else still up for grabs.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bump