Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Ahh sux, I went to track (rather long i guess) {oh and nuts to the puncuation/spelling its late}

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahh sux, I went to track (rather long i guess) {oh and nuts to the puncuation/spelling its late}

TAD in texas. it was about 100ish-90ish degrees while i was there. Best run was when i was hot lapping in middle of the day was a 2.1 60' and 15.7@something or another. rest of the time i ran 16.2 i fukd my clutch numerous times =P but still flogged it like a dead horse. I ran some 15.8's etc but never lower. After the track closed a huge cold front came in and its about 65 outside. Oh and BTW i got a APR chip and some homeaid racegas (Xylene: 101 octane ) which worked amazingly. My car previously in the heat of centex would pull till about 5300 and then fall right on its face. Now it pulls(but still tapers due to exhaust etc) to 7000 but a problem arose, where do i shift now. When i did the 15.7 i ran 1st(~6000)normal, 2nd(6500-6700)long, 3rd(5700)short and trapped in 4th at like 86mph or so I need a race chip though to see the true difference though. AND a FMIC would be nice and a lot of ice or a nice nitrous injection system(25shot,wet) because i let my car cool for an hour BSing with friends and came back intake manifold was still SCALDING HOT

Hopefully in some nice weather i can get a 15.5 and with some launching work i could pull a 1.9 sixty and pull a 15.2 or 15.1 outa my *** =P

ok time to goto sleep and dream of a future Stage3/T28/k04(hey i dont playa hate)
Old 09-10-2001, 06:47 AM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lapping at a dragstrip? What/where's TAD?
Old 09-10-2001, 08:05 AM

Default Temple Academy Dragway

TAD or sometimes known as Little River. Yea there were like 40 cars there, i never waited like more than a minute to line up. I said screw it and started hot lapping(not letting your car cool) and got a 15.7(so i should get much better results if i cool, and get a good run) so i was kinda pleased being the weather and such
Old 09-10-2001, 04:40 PM
CMH

Default With a normal street chip you want to run 1st gear to 6K, 2nd to 6K and 3rd gear up to about 6800

which will put you just infront of the finish line. The problem with shifting below 6K to 4th gear is that gear will drop to where you dont have that much tq to make up the loss of momentum you will get. I do it that way with a street chip and was able to pull 14.9-15.0 all day. Well with a GIAC street chip. My APR chip only ran 15.3's at best.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:13 PM

CMH, is your car a 200x DBW? I'm gonna need a new clutch soon, whats the info on yours?
Old 09-10-2001, 07:37 PM
CMH

Default Yes mine is a 2000 dbw 1.8tq. I have a Werks of Art clutch that uses a 2000 lbs pressure plate and a

kevlar/fibertuff disk. You want to talk to juan he sells the clutchs. If your looking for a high performance clutch this is what you want. I will tell him you are asking about it and he will email you or you can email him at jgmendoza1@msn.com
Old 09-10-2001, 07:38 PM

Default (im SA4tT, old name) Well I tried that and by the top of third it ran outa steam

well maybe i was actually still accelerating but it seemed to fall right on its face. It was test and tune night so i got in like 20 runs. Some i let it cool others i hot lapped for ****s and giggles. Ironically enough i got my best time while hot lapping and short shifting 3rd, i trapped 86.xx(weak) when i shortshifted third if i held third i got like 83-85. The heat and humidity is horrible on my car. Oh btw this was with my 101 octane to help the timing ,like i said did work some, if i had a race chip it would be on like Donkey Kong, well kinda =)

I just need some mad launching work and some more practice on shift points. I can rape alot of cars outa the hole on the street but on the track DAMN THAT BHT!!! I cant launch at all the same. i can barely move in that ****, its like flypaper =P.

My lauching BS ***i dont recomend this as its ruff, but i dont give a **** anymore so i do it***

Ok so I stage and set revs at 3000-3300 (anytime i went higher i started to fry da clutch so...), pull e-brake(with right hand and hold button) and then get rdy. As the second light flashes i let out the clutch some to rub and help make some positive preasure(brake boost), the second light and about a half(yea you like that?) I feather the clutch out while moving the ebrake down, by the time the third yellow flashes floor it and dump the handbrake you should be on your way and with my 15 non-sports i cut a 2.1 60' which was better than some TA's/Stangs/SS's etc out there. I should be able to with the right combination of revs and boost cut a 1.9 or so... which would put me in a 15.5 and then some colder weather and more pract in shifts i pray for a 15.3/15.4 maybe lower with Voodoo magik.

Clutch Dumps =)
YEA YEA DONT BITCH AT ME FOR HURTING A CAR, its mine and I'll do what i want with it. =P

Anytime i dumped clutch it bogs, NO MATTER WHAT RPM. I FLOOR IT AND DUMP, nothing, i got like 2.5 60's that way pissed me off. YEA YEA DONT BITCH AT ME FOR HURTING A CAR, its mine and I'll do what i want with it.
Old 09-10-2001, 10:49 PM
CMH

Default You dont need to use the E break. Just time the lights with the throttle. As the light come down

press further down with the throttle just on the last amber then let the clutch out fast. I pull 1.9-2.0 all the time this way. BTW the car will bog if you just let out the clutch and your not giving it enough gas.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:02 AM

Thanks, I'm getting mine replace in a few months, I'll email you when I need the info.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:36 AM

Default Yes, i tried that too, i know that just giving throttle hardly creates boost

so brake boosting makes some boost, launching with **** pwr. etc.

Quick Reply: Ahh sux, I went to track (rather long i guess) {oh and nuts to the puncuation/spelling its late}