Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Anyone with a WOA Stage 3 clutch & APR aluminum flywheel setup???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a WOA Stage 3 clutch & APR aluminum flywheel setup???

If so,... please answer three questions for me!

1) the drop from the front lip of the pressure plate to cast-iron part, in inches

2) flywheel step, in inches

3) pad thickness on clutch disk, in inches

--> tolerance to .001 inches.

THANKS! I just don't want to take apart the car YET again.

Cheers!,

Steve
Old 07-13-2003, 12:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not sure if I can help or not.......

I have a WOA stage 3 clutch - I also have a WOA light weight flywheel @ 15 lbs. with the new high Carbon content insert. I think the APR flywheel is 12 lbs?

If I can help let me know.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:47 AM

Default If you have the clutch out of the car,... could you do me a favor and take those measurements?

I was looking for someone with the APR flywheel so I can ask them what they think the setup is like. Personally, I really think it's TOO streetable and not aggressive enough.

But if you have the clutch in the car,... I don't need to tell you not to bother!!! Hehe!

Cheers & thanks!,

Steve
Old 07-13-2003, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have wofa Stage 4+.

Its is streetable and certainly can handle easily a 5K launch from my car.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:24 AM
AXE

Default Lucas has the WoA Stage 4+ with the APR Flywheel in his car.

He could probably give you some useful feedback.

Juan can make lighter flywheel for you. And i'm sure he'd be able to answer all your other questions too.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:25 AM
AXE

Damn, you beat me!
Old 07-13-2003, 01:19 PM

Default He offered to give me a free upgrade to the Stage 4 clutch you have,...

But I need to give him these measurements so he can make it,... I still have my Stage 3 clutch in my car that I paid 980 USD for and waited for 8 months to get. So yeah,... I'm pretty pissed that it ended up not holding.

You know the situation on my car, and I don't care to take the clutch out right now. I have enough issues to contend with. And I told Juan I don't want any down time. I was not willing to send him my stage 3 clutch and have him modify it.

So,... he said if I give him these measurements, then he can make one, send it to me, and I can install it on the car and send mine back. The idea is NO DOWNT TIME.

Lucas, if you can halp in any way,... then I'd appreciate it! I'm sure your relations with Juan are much better my mine. And you have the product I want!

Take care & thanks,

Steve
Old 07-15-2003, 01:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hmm... i requested for those specifications for a reason..

each clutch is different... you have an old APR flywheel which had a different drop than the flywheels that i use.

If you get specifications from a person with my Flywheel and Clutch then it's not valid. i need the specs off your clutch not some one elses...

also in our aim and E-mail discussion you mentioned 4km old and it didn't grab... 4km of break in = slippage... the clutch needs to seat in but if you roasted it at 4km doing a 4K rpm drop then it's glazed to hell and back.

The only way i can make the correct clutch is if you remove yours and measure it out. I need your clutch measurements not Lucas's or some one elses..

I have all the parts here ready to make the dual diaphram pressure plate and the new disk but with out proper specifications of your existing components i can't promise it will release. with a dual spring pressure plate it's real crucial to get the right tolerances to actually let the clutch open and close properly if it's measured right you can step or pump the clutch all day long it's not going to open up one bit. there is 1 inch of total travel on the pressure plate and you need the full inch on the dual spring pressure plate.

keep in mind Stage 4 clutch kits are 100% custom there are only 6 of these kits sold.