Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

apr stage i+ problems (x-post from b6) please help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apr stage i+ problems (x-post from b6) please help...

btw, its a b6 a4 1.8tqm

i got my car chipped w/ injectors back in janurary. while i've been overall satisfied with the chip/injectors... i've had a few problems. i don't have much time to describe in detail right now, so the quick and dirty problem description is:
- esp and abs lights coming on after changing programs. they go away after turning the ignition to off and back on.
- RPMs drops at idle sometimes. while idling at a light or something, the rpms will drop maybe 50-150 or something and come right back up. i've tried different gasses including chevron (my usual)
- sometimes ( not sure if all the time ) when switching to stock, its still 'chipped' (in a higher mode) for the first startup/shut down. then when i restart its normal (tho i still have variations in rpms)
- rough shut down while in chipped mode
- intermittent communication w/ ecu fault codes, but i was told that these were from the vag-com disconnecting or something.

i've been emailing back and forth with apr, because i'm pretty swamped during normal business hours, and they haven't been able to tell me whats wrong. but i'm pretty sure they have a lot on their hands right now w/ the bbq coming up this weekend.

anyone have any ideas? i've herd of people having the abs and esp lights on... but they just related it to the cold... but for me it happens whenever i change programs. only reason i noticed was because i changed to stock for my 10k and the lights came on, because i usually never change out of 93oct.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: apr stage i+ problems (x-post from b6) please help...

Well i think you should keep on APR's back about your problem.
Give them resonable opportunity to rectify the problem.
They should support what they sell.
Otherwise return it.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea, i love apr either way. they were quick to respond, but didn't quite know much based on what i

told them. and w/ the bbq preparations i doubt they'd have time to deal /w me right now anyways. w/ classes, work and stuff, i'm pretty busy during the week, and almost never free to leave before 7pm... so its hard for me to get anywhere to get it taken care of. so email / aw is the easiest for me right now.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:04 PM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default some idle flux is normal

as things turn on and off... a/c for example... power windows, the car's idle will dip.

the rest... i dont know
Old 03-22-2004, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah, its more than that tho. its my 2nd 1.8t and 2nd apr chip. whats going on is more than normal..