Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

APR Stage III install part 2 (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Stage III install part 2 (long)

Well I chased down the last few bugs of my install. The A/C quit working until I found the connector that got loose. The power windows had lost there automatic up function until the spontaneously started working again.

With that said and done, on to the driving! I let the ECU reset for 3 minutes, then started it up. It actually ran which was good. It ran really rich and barely idled for a few minutes then got used to the new turbo and bigger injectors. I drove it around and it seemed to take about 10-15 minutes of driving to continue to adapt until I found the power kicking in. The car feels like it has a different engine in it. 1st of all there is more power everywhere. There is a bigger feeling of turbo lag, only because when it starts cranking in the higher RPMs it is dramatically more powerful. The engine is very smooth and without much hesitation you'll find yourself venturing into the red part of the tachometer. The car actually seems more quiet with the bigger turbo in it, except for the larger turbo noise and occasional "shreaking" at high RPMs. It seems like other cars are just standing still now. The car is very docile driving around town and until you drive more aggresively could easily keep anyone from knowing the difference. I still have the stock clutch in and it seems to be holding. I was happy with the APR snub mount. It does firm up shifting and driveline lash. In addition I can't feel any vibration difference in the wheel. This is a happy relief since I have put solid motor mounts in some of my other cars that where horrendous. With the air on in these other cars I felt like a mobile lithotripsy machine. The APR exhaust is a nice touch, both for sound & appearance. In short the kit appears to be everything that it is billed to be. I'll let you know more impressions over time.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:01 PM

Default One touch gets set 'off' when you disconnect the power. To reset it you can run them all the

way down and back up. there is a dbl bump trick too but I can never recall it so I just run them down and up. To few live brain cells to waste any recalling the other trick I guess.
glad you are enjoying the kit
Old 07-02-2002, 03:41 AM

awesome ... keep posting your findings
Old 07-02-2002, 05:42 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Was the exhaust brand new?

Cause it's definitely going to be considerably louder than stock. In fact - I had the exhaust for a while with just an APR KO3 chip, and it was louder than stock then. After getting the Stage 3 kit it got even louder.

Sounds badass though, so I'm OK with it. =) My favorite cruising at around 4-5K in 1 or 2 and letting off - BURBLE BURBLE.... :-P
Old 07-02-2002, 09:12 AM

Default Roll them down and double click the button and hold it till the window is all the way up.

Had to do it too many times in my car.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:45 AM

hehe, i love that sound
Old 07-02-2002, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Knowing what you know now, would you be willing to pay $800 for an install?
Old 07-02-2002, 07:17 PM

Default Nope

I looked upon it as a challenge and enjoyed the process. Sometimes the fun is in the project and not just in the outcome. Not to mention $800- 1000 for an install is a little painful.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:49 PM

There ya go . .Thanks . .I knew I had seen an easier trick.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:07 AM
Rest In Peace

Default LOL how is that easier? Seems like it adds an extra step to me.

What am I missing here?

You suggest putting them down then up. He says add a double click when they're down...

???????

Quick Reply: APR Stage III install part 2 (long)