Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Audi Service Cost.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Service Cost.

Hi,

I am buying a 2000-02 Audi, and this is going to be my first.

Can anyone give me an idea of the basic service cost of Audi thats most regularly done, like oil change/ filter, brakes, timing belt, water pump etc. Is it comparable with a Honda Civic/ Accord, I know a friend told me his Honda costs him $20 for oil or brake service.

I am new, so if this sounds off, please educate me.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Audi Service Cost.

Audi's are a bit more expensive than a Honda. Most of our engines should use synthetic and the 4 cylinders use a larger capacity filter. At the dealer we charge between $85 and $130 for just an oil change or an oil service respectively. Search my past post's for the difference between the 2. Brakes are also a bit more than $20, Aftermarket brakes tend to be a bit noisy so you should get a brand name set. Beck/Arnley are very noisy, Brembo not so bad. Dealer parts are around $340 fro front pads and rotors, labor not included but that varies. Timing Belts are pretty model and engine specific but most Water Pumps run off of the T-Belt so replacement of one should include the other. All of the parts including the Tensioner roller, idler, pump, belts, coolant etc can run up to $685. Aftermarket is definately cheaper but I only deal with dealer parts so not so sure.

I would recomend a good aftermarket shop or a dealer to look over your car before you commit to a purchase at least to find the service history and if any repairs are necessary at the time of purchase. I can do it for you if you are in the MD/DC area. A little homework on this matter could save you having a bad first Audi experience. They are great cars if maintained well, but that goes for all cars.