Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Dahlback and TJM Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dahlback and TJM Motorsports

I e-mailed Tim at TJM Motorsports as they are now working with Dahlback. He said that they have 330 HP, 420 HP, and 500 HP+ kits for the DBW A4. The stage 3+ APR kit that will most likely be unvailed at the BBQ should be pushing around 320 HP, but has anyone had experience with Dahlback and TJM? I know that Dahlback is popular is Europe, but haven't heard of too many people in the states with their kits. I will most likely go with either the APR stage 3+ or the Dahlback 330 HP kit. I'm leaning towards APR because of their reliability, but what do you guys think?
Old 03-21-2004, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

have you checked out pricing?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default tjm has ths same address as nea...

doing business under two names has never inpressed me.<ul><li><a href="http://www.northerneuropeanautomotive.com/">http://www.northerneuropeanautomotive.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 03-22-2004, 07:44 AM

I am looking into buying some stuff from Dahlback
Old 03-22-2004, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The addresses are slightly different, and they are seperate businesses. Whats wrong w/finding better

You will have no integrity issues w/TJM. I am spending a lot and going to unheard of levels with the car. Tim is the best, inquire about some of the stuff they have already installed and dynoed. #'s published are running lower than tests. I could have gone either way to 330hp (APR/vs Dahlback) and did a lot of search. Dahlback seems superior in every way. A bit higher, but when car is done it appears to be done without codes or issues via DB. Just my opinion w/20K+$ backing it.
Rod
Old 03-22-2004, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Have you called and priced things yet?
Old 03-22-2004, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default how does the pricing work with Dahlback stuff?

The TJM website is just reiteratting the confusing price structure of the other Dahlback websites. The top speeds of 160+ mph don't make much sense to me either. I thought we geared out around 150 give or take? I think Dahlback would do better business if they had a better marketing plan here in the US. Their pricing supposedly includes installation. It would be nice to see what the hardware costs, so it can be compared to other hardware out there. According to their site a K04 turbo costs $1500. That's close to double what most other tuners sell them for. So it's my inclination to assume most of their hardware will pricey. It would be nice to see pics and specs of the hardware for comparison as well. I don't think many people doubt the stuff is good, but it's price scares people and since no one here has it and can comment on it, post dynos, post quarter miles times, kill stories, illegal racing videos or pictures, why would anyone just jump to pay so much for a product like that? If Dahlback wants to earn more business, intro pricing would be a good way to get some customers into that brand and develop a good relationship with enthusiasts. I don't see how Dahlback is going to sell many turbo kits with that marketing plan. It's kind of like how you don't see so many people with MTM stuff chips or K04 kits. Everyone who has their stuff raves about it, but the price still scares most away. Hell, people are scared away by the currect APR and PES turbo kit pricing for that matter. But at least they do group buys, and holiday sales and intro pricing and other sales.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How do you know APR's kit is 320HP???
Old 03-22-2004, 11:32 AM

Default They have been talking about an upcoming stage 3+ kit for the A4

Seeing that the stage 3+ kit they offered previously put out 310 HP, they will probably be offering 10 or more HP because of the 1+ years they have put into the D&amp;D of the new Stage 3+.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 AM

Default I emailed Tim yesterday asking about prices of the kits with install, etc.

I will let you guys know what he says when I get a reply.

Quick Reply: Dahlback and TJM Motorsports