Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Which exhaust would give more power..??? (more)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which exhaust would give more power..??? (more)

custom Straight pipes from the turbo down...
(I wouldn't pass emissions for sure, right?)
What else would need to be done in order to have this type of exhaust? Loud??

or

Test pipe -> downpipes -> exhaust -> mid-muffler -> rear muffler (basically the miltek exhaust w\ a test pipe)
Old 04-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those both seem like the same option...

The test pipe + downpipe is just like one long straight pipe.

The most beneficial system anyone will tell you is removing the OEM cat and putting straight piping in, wether it be one solid piece, like I originally had in my car, or two pieces with the initial test being being either 2.5" or 3" depending on your preference and than running that into the least restrictive mid and rear mufflers your ears can handle. Obviously racing mufflers will produce a little more power, but you will also be risking a very loud system.

Mounting a HFC catalytic converter underneath the car is the best setup for the A4. It allows you to remain legal and free up all the lost power caused by Audi's poor design in putting the OEM cat right after the turbo.

In regards to what exhaust will give you the most power, I'm working on that, trying to create an all in one solution. It will be the only complete plug and play system if everything goes smoothly. It will also be customizable for T-28's and K03/K04's. Since the testpipe/downpipe will be in two peices. There will also be a 2.25" Downpipe option for more torque, Gatekeeper is actually running a T-28 with a oem on his Tip and he is very happy, he runs a 1/8 3"" Test pipe into a 1.78" OEM downpipe and has been completely satisfied, from the last I heard.

Clandestine also offers similar systems with the HFC cat under the cat options I belive.