Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Funniest quote i have heard for a long time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funniest quote i have heard for a long time.

I was speaking to a guy that sells some porsche parts.
He was telling me about some porsche that another guy had, and he Said "He had the Camshafts re-machines to make them spin Faster!"

I pissed my self laughing and asked him what the hell do you mean.
He was at a loss to describe what was done.

2 days later I am still laughing about the statment.
Any one wanna buy parts from this guy???

I told him he better be careful as if the cams spin too fast they will be out of time with the Crankshaft and he better take the car to a jeweller to get it timed.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

parts guys are just next to car sales guys in storytelling
Old 09-18-2003, 04:32 AM
No Bozos!

Default I'm always amazed

at how many people are in the auto business, that have absolutely clue.

My wife was looking at at Subaru a few years back, and the salesgirl must have just gotten the script minutes before we got there and read it on the way out the door to meet us.

She had to use the word "boxer" no less than a hundred times in about a minute. I was getting annoyed and asked her exactly what that meant. You should have seen the look on her face, she was stunned and dumbfounded, she didn't know.

The challenge was on, I started getting into her on everything. She bragged about the "spare" fusebox under the hood. I asked her why was it a "spare"? She claimed that Subaru had just invented the yellow color coding in the user fluid points to make them easier to spot. I told her my Ford's had that for the last 15 years. She was aghast! She pointed out that Subaru had just added safety pillars in the doors, making a horizontal motion describing them. I pointed out that, that has been in cars for like forever, and pillars go vertical, beams go horizontal.

She also went into a huge dissertation about the multiple brake systems and what they were there for. By the time she was done, all I could do was stand and stare with my jaw hanging open. kind of like the duck in the Yogi Berra/AFLAC commercial. I absolutely couldn't figure out what in blazes she had just said, it made no sense whatsoever.

The final kicker was when you boasted ever so gleefully, that there was a center mounted taillight, as if that was the whole reason to buy the car.

I hate car salesmen(women).
Old 09-18-2003, 04:45 AM
No Bozos!

Default Or better yet.

When I go to a parts store and ask for a specific part number and brand, and they ask, what's in going into? I try to politely tell them, it doesn't matter, just give me that brand and part number. Then they treat me like an ignorant boob, and explain that they want to make sure that they get the right part for my vehicle, and they can't just look up exact part numbers, they need to search by vehicle, just to make sure to get the right part.

So I patiently wait for them to ask me the 20 questions, year/make/model/color... I tell them that it's an Audi S1, and they get this wierd look on their faces. Then they ask, is that a 4000, a TT, a ??,what is it? Then inevitably they say, gee...we don't have a listing for that. Which is where I get a little more agitated, and say, I know that, that's why I went to the bother of giving you the brand and part number I wanted!

Everthing always has to be so hard.

The only place that gives me what I ask for is one particular NAPA store. I buy a specific really odd huge truck air filter, and they never question me, they just order it and get it for me.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:03 AM
Elder Member

Default lol. the trick is to always go to the same place

then they'd be like "oh, you're the guy with the weird car that doesnt show up in our listings...."

and LOL regarding the scooby saleswoman...man, remind me not to sell you anything

regards,
Liam
Old 09-18-2003, 06:02 AM

Default There is ONE napa near work...and its the only one near hartford

that doesn't have ghetto rats or Shaniqua working behind the counter. It sucks having to talk to 5 different people...no joke...to ask about a 5/32" hose barb tee. I hate CT
Old 09-19-2003, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Sponsor

Default The NAPA distribution center and store in Cromwell is pretty good.

I've been to it a couple of times.

-Dave Pramanik
Old 09-22-2003, 10:58 AM

Default Reminds me of a story

While testing, I had glazed my clutch on a hard launch and a guy comes over and says, "put the car is reverse!" I play along, not exactly knowing where he's getting at. He says "bring the rpms up and slip the clutch a little". I do this, still not understanding why. I figured he may know something I don't. So I ask him, why am i doing this?

He says, "because you glazed your clutch, with the trans in reverse, you'll remove some of the glazed material off the flywheel by applying some friction in reverse"

I was scared to laugh. This guy was implying that the engine and flywheel spin backwards when in reverse!!!!
=)