Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Got a few questions for the pro anyone know the answers

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a few questions for the pro anyone know the answers

Alright so far i have a revo program, milltek exhaust (no downpipe cause my car is auto and i havent found no one who has made one for autos)evo intake, evo dv... now my next steps are going to be the following

Port and polish manifold
Turbo upgrade
injectors
reprogram software
fmic

Now does any one know the answers to my following questions.

1.Port and Polish manifold they sell one for my car at SPP but if i know a machine shop down here in my area that does good work can i just do it with them with my manifold or buy another stock one and do it to that one?

2.When doing all these upgrades how does my technician know what to do with the program and configure all the settings correct?

3.can i just use audi tt 225hp injectors or no?

4.whats the difference between a e05, t28, or just a ko4 turbo? Cant i just put my own sized turbo or is it not recomended?

Thank You in advance for any answers you might be able to give me.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Got a few questions for the pro anyone know the answers

A port and polish can be done by anyone. The question is how good of a job they'll do. Does your local shop have a good reputation? I'm not sure if SPP does their own or sends them out to someone else. I would reccomend that you get another manifold to do the work on, that way, your car isn't sitting until the manifold is finished.

As for programming, most chip tuners have programs that are tailored to a specific setup, mostly centering around turbo size. They get their programming from dyno testing and monitoring of things like air/fuel ratio. I'm not sure, but I don't think Revo has programs for anything but the stock K03 turbo right now. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "your technician."

You can use the TT 225hp injectors, but you'll have to make sure that your chip programming is set for it.

All those turbos you listed are different sizes. You can put any of them on your car. You can put any turbo you want on your car. Of course, any non-kit upgrade is going to require custom work and ECU programming, which is going to be expensive.

As for downpipes, tantrumwerks makes one for your car.<ul><li><a href="http://www.tantrumwerks.com/index.html">http://www.tantrumwerks.com/index.html</a</li></ul>
Old 11-12-2003, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you're upgrading to something other than a K04...

then porting/polishing the stock manifold is wasting money.

Audi TT injectors can't be used without the proper chip, and even then, they're not going to make any more power than stock injectors without a larger turbo.

You really need to define your HP goals and your budget first.