Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Has anyone run the Lltek front swaybar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone run the Lltek front swaybar?

Their site says it is 30mm. If I'm correct the Neuspeed is 29mm. Is the Lltek one hollow or something, cause I can't recall seeing anyone post anything about this bar. I know a lot of people run a rear Neupseed to get oversteer, but I was just curious about the front bar. Will a larger front bar cause understeer? I am probably going to go with a front/rear swaybar upgrade soon, and want to know what the difference is between these, and why are people running the Neuspeed if Lltek is thicker? Also, would it be a bad idea to mix these brands? Neuspeed rear, Lltek front?
Old 03-05-2001, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had the Lltek antiroll bars. I suggest you look into real suspension first.

I don't remember the size of the fronts. Lltek sells Addco bars. You might be able to get them for cheaper from someplace else, like Addco or JCWhitney.

The LLtek bars are solid, but thicker. The rears banged the trailing arms and I had to grind the ends off. I eventually took them off and never noticed a difference. Mixing of bars isn't bad, but you should consider a real suspension. The rear subframe isn't very strong... and one of the reasons I took my rear off was that so many had the rear subframes tear apart.
Old 03-05-2001, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I had the Lltek antiroll bars. I suggest you look into real suspension first.

Actually, I already have a real suspension. I got my HR coilovers about a week ago. I don't know how much of a benefit swaybars will be, but there might be a slight one. I am not sure, but I am thinking that with the coilovers stiffening up the suspension, the wheels will have less movement, causing there to be less stress on the subframe from the swaybars.

Anyway, I was just wondering about the Lltek bar because it was thicker than the Neuspeed. I'll probably go with the Neuspeed bars over the Lltek ones just because there seems to be a really good price at SPP for them. I haven't seen them cheaper anywhere else and for the savings I doubt that 1mm will make that much of a difference. Anyone know different?
Old 03-05-2001, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Buy both and try em both out. Then sell one to somone else
Old 03-05-2001, 01:43 PM

Default Re: I had the Lltek antiroll bars. I suggest you look into real suspension first.

I have the Neuspeed 22 m.m. rear bar and the lightest front bar I could find--off a non-Quattro A4 Audimatic--up front. Works great with H&R (race) coilovers.

Lee in D.C.