Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Help me decide if I am on the right track with my GReddy PRofec B-spec II boost controller settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide if I am on the right track with my GReddy PRofec B-spec II boost controller settings

Ok this boost controller has the following modes:

1.OFF Mode
2.LO Mode
3.HI Mode

LO and HI Modes have the following settings that you need to set:

1.SET (0-100%)-This mode is used to set the desired boost pressure. The % set in this mode is not the actual boost pressure. This feature controls the dute rate of the Valve Unit which controls the boost.
-Raise the % to increase the boost, and lower % to decrease the boost.
-100% setting will boost up to the turbocharger/wastegate's limit.
-0% will boost the base boost (stock boost)

2.GAIN (0-100%)-This mode is used to adjust the boost consistency (Adjusts the sensitivity of the valve control.)
-When boost spike occurs, lower the GAIN value.
-When the boost falls off at high rpm, or the boost increases as rpm increases, raise the GAIN value.
-Even if the SET boost is not changed, by increasing the GAIN value, it will increase the boost.

3.START BOOST (0-43.5psi)-This mode is used to adjust the boost response. This feature basically adjusts when to start opening the wastegate.
-If the START BOOST value is closer to the SET boost value, the spool up will be faster.
-If it is too close to the SET boost, it will cause the boost to spike.

4.WARNING (0-43.5psi)-This mode is used to adjust the WARNING setting. An alarm will sound when boost reaches the warning setting.
-Set to the maximum boost level you do not want to exceed.

5.LIMITER (0-99%)-This mode is used to adjust LIMITER to lower the boost when the boost exceeds the WARNING setting. (This will lower the entered % from of the SET boost valve duty rate to lower the boost)
-99% will trun off any boost control. (back to stock boost)
-0% will disable the LIMITER feature.

As of right now I have my controller set at the following:

LO Mode:
SET 90%
GAIN 50%
START BOOST 17psi
WARNING 18psi
LIMITER 50%

HI Mode:
SET 95%
GAIN 50%
START BOOST 23psi
WARNING 24psi
LIMITER 50%

Do you guys think this is a good place to start after reading the above info? My setup is listed in my sig.

Any help would be great.

Thanks! and sorry for the long post!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice set up.. not sure on the settings, will be attempting setting a spec2 on my stgIII this week...

but i have someone who knows the thing pretty well....