Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Hey guys P.Nelson asked a good question a few posts back

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys P.Nelson asked a good question a few posts back

Now that I'm getting my 18" CH's, I'm wanting to update my suspension just a bit.

So, I'm thinking of
Bilstein Shocks: B36-2081(front)
Bilstein Shocks: BE3-2669 (rear)
Eibach Sport Springs Pro-System: 1535.780
or ??
Eibach Sport Springs Pro-System Plus: 1535.680

OK, what's the difference, and does anyone have any other combinations they like?

Amro

p.s. Don't say this has been beaten to death. That's what this community is for.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:18 AM

Default I agree!!

I agree it is a good question. Here is the thread:

Or you could go with an Eibach spring and damper combo.

Anyone out there using Eibach pro-dampers or Bilstiens with the OEM sport package springs?

Paul<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/performance/msgs/44872.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/performance/msgs/44872.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 08-21-2002, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hey Amro... I've been very satisfied w/ Audi Eurosport springs & Bilstien shox

The Audi Eurosport springs are Eibach... they even have the Eibach logo right on them next to the Audi part number!!!

Very good set up. Excellent ride. Huge improvement over stock. And, you are not so low that everything will rub.

I have 235/40-18 tires on the 18x8 BBS VZ (ET7) and I get very slight rubbing only when I am turning up into driveways and such.... or when I have passengers and try a little "Speed Racer" move!

I think you will like them.

PeteH
Old 08-21-2002, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Depends on what you want

From what I have read, the Eibach shocks are probably made by Sachs &amp; are valved fairly soft. I would only use them with factory sport springs, eurosports, or Eibachs. They will probably result in ride and handling similar to a factory sport setup. For Paul--if you want to restore the suspension due to mileage, these would be a good choice but if you want a little better handling, I would get the Bilsteins.

The Bilsteins are probably much firmer (probably because I haven't used the Eibachs) and will work with a wider variety of springs. People are happy with the Bilsteins and the softer springs like factory sport &amp; eurosport. They have reported more controlled body movements with a corresponding degradation in ride comfort (although most people say they like this setup better than the softer factory sport shocks).

The Bilsteins are also fine with much stiffer springs. I use mine with Neuspeed sport springs and I like this combination. I know several people using the Bilsteins with linear rate springs in the 450-600 lb-in range who are satisfied with that setup.

If you can accept a slightly harsher ride, I would go with the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins from Neuspeed are height adjustable both front and rear and are the preferred version (these are available from shox.com if you specifically ask for the Neuspeed version as well as any other Neuspeed retailer).

The last time I looked at the Eibach packages, they included their (Sachs) shocks, Eibach springs, and a front sway bar. This doesn't make much sense to me. If you have a factory sport suspension and want to keep the springs, I would just get a set of Bilsteins. If you want to change the sway bar, the 19mm rear from Neuspeed is a good choice and works great with the factory sport front bar.

Suspensions are really a matter of personal choice. You can read all the posts you want to and they won't tell you if you will be happy with the ride quality and handling in your car on your roads. Keep in mind that the 18" wheel/tire package will ride harsher than a higher profile combo.

--
Aalok