Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Hey TMS, how's the KO$/Tip holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey TMS, how's the KO$/Tip holding up?
Old 03-09-2001, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oops, that's KO4...
Old 03-10-2001, 08:13 PM
TMS

Default Re: Hey TMS, how's the KO4/Tip holding up?

Doing Great! However, I blew off one of the intercooler hoses (I guess their not on that tight from the factory) which lit up the "ECP" and "CHK ENG" lights. Scared me a little, but turned out to be nothing serious. DynoSpot went over all the hoses and tightened everything up and it's running great.

Next week, it's going back in for a rear sway bar and S4 wheel well liners. Dick Chiang wants to put it on the Dyno and take some readings for GIAC. Turns out that most cars are quattros so they can't easily take measurements, but since mine is a FWD, they think they can tweak the software and get more performance out of the K04 setup.........I'm all for that!

My next upgrades will be a larger intercooler, ported exhaust manifold, and high flow cat & downpipe.

If anyone has a good recommendation on a high flow cat that will fit a FWD, please let me know!

One last update:
A few weeks ago I came up against a new VR6 Jetta (5 spd), who thought he would easily take me. He launched from the light slightly ahead, until my TACH hit about 3K RPM! From that point on the torque just kept on coming and I blew by him like he was standing still. As his was shifting gears in frustration, everytime he came close to my back bumper, I just put my foot into it and pulled away from him like he was driving a geo metro. Man was he pissed! He finally came around behind me at the next light......I could see him reading the "1.8T" badge on my A4 and shaking his head in disbelief.