Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

My experience with AWE Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with AWE Tuning

This afternoon I ventured to a Pennsylvania Audi/VW/Porsche tuning shop recommended to me by a friend. The shop's name was AWE Tuning and they were located in Willow Grove, an eastern Pennslyvania town about thirty miles in from the New Jersey border. I had called before-hand to make sure they had everything I wanted in stock before I left, afterall, I had estimated it would be about an hour and a half drive from my house. The drive was uneventful and for the most part, very straight-forward. When I arrived at AWE Tuning I spoke to the sales rep, and to my surprise, everything was waiting for me. My purchase included a Garrett Tuning "X" chip (complete with factory chip, a $50 option), Two Bailey Motorsports deverter valves, and AWE's Drive Train Stabilizer. The sales rep was very friendly and knoledgeable, quickly and completely answering all of my questions (mainly concerning driveablity, my new ECU's "learning curve" and dealership issues). I thanked their sales rep for his help and went on my way back to New Jersey. When I got home I realized that inside the bag I was given to transport my purchase home were detailed directions to aid me with my install. The installation took around an hour and fifteen minutes including preperation and a break. My car was awkward and jerky when I drove it at first but after about half an hour of normal driving it returned to normal. The reason? Your ECU has to "re-learn" your driving habits and adapt accordingly. Some of the things it has to learn again are fuel quality, altitude, and the outside barometric pressure to name a few. In short, I experienced around thirty minutes of unpredictable driving with the car suddenly lurching ahead and uneven power delivery. After these first thirty minutes my car reverted back to it's old self in terms of driveability. I have been told that it can take several hundred miles to for the ECU to once again adapt to the variables it is being given but in my case it was almost unnoticeable after an hour. What I was left with was a superb performer. The added power from the ECU was a welcomed change to the, at times, dissapointing performance of my car. The new diverter valves seemed to make the car smoother when I shifted. I had to blip the gas noticeably less when downshifting and matching revs was easier. The drive train stabilizer seemed to act as much as a an upgraded sway bar. My car felt tighter and more connected to the road. My importantly however, the awkward shifting was greatly reduced thanks to a more stable gear box. No longer would be shifter sway back and forth as I got on the gas, making shifting much easier. The awkward movement and vibrations in the gear box that many B5 S4 owners dislike was almost entirely eliminated. Overall, I am very satisfied in my purchase. My car is performing better than it ever has and I am very satisfied with the service I recieved at AWE. If anyone in the tri-state area is looking for friendly and knoledgeable place to purchase aftermarket parts for their Audi/VW/Porsche I would recommend AWE Tuning to them.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:30 AM

Nice paragraphs
Old 11-05-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Thanks for the info =)

I live in Oz and am a bit cautious when making National Purchases for products i can't see or touch, esp when you don't talk to the sales rep one to one.

I had a good feeling about this tuner and will not hesitate to make future purchases through them based on you good experience - esp carbon bonnet and boot and transmission brace.

Thanx again.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i've had good service from them too...

over the phone. sales rep was knowledgable and the order was correct and shipped promptly.<ul><li><a href="http://www.awe-tuning.com/">http://www.awe-tuning.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 11-05-2004, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You bought their Flash loader?

or did they solder in a new chip? Either way you DiPPed or Chipped your ecu. AWE is the best performance shop PERIOD.. there are many othe r shops who sell for them, but they are the best and have the REPUTATION everywhere in the east. GIAC is one of a few of the companies that make DIPP software and actual Chips for Audi/VW cars. Welcome to the mod club. Put your diverter valves in and enjoy...

One of the allroaders just upgraded to K)4 turbos, and HP clutch, exhaust, etc. Perfectly done.. and they did the work
Hang on the NY/NJ board you will meet many others who drive like you and live near you.