Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

New Shop, New Techs, FORWARD PROGRESS... (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shop, New Techs, FORWARD PROGRESS... (long)

Hey Everyone!,

I haven't been online since I've been dealing with a lot of work issues lately. And besides,... sadly, there hasn't been any noticeable forward progress on my poor Audi A4. My mechanic at L&R Racing has just never gotten around to my car and I can't take this BS waiting game anymore. So I'm through with my mechanic.

So the update - I bought a 2002 M3 Convertible (manual) to try to re-learn how to drive stick and have some fun. So my automatic Jetta 1.8T is finally sold. The M3 will last for a few months, since I find the M3 too flashy and I'm not a BMW fan. However, the M3 will be replaced likely by a Porsche Cayenne or Cayenne S.

Why? Because the Audi A4 will be finished and there will be FORWARD PROGRESS on the bloody thing. I have got an agreement with Momentum Motor Parts and the owner of the "Goldmember" VR6 turbo golf and the mechanics responsible for his car ready and willing to finish off my Audi.

The status of the Audi is that it is finished mechanically. The issue is the AEM EMS. There have been serious issues with it that I don't believe that my mechanic is able to solve completely, hence it's taking so damn long. So the plans were to junk the AEM EMS and use a Tech3 EMS. I hear that Jeremy at Matrix engineering is able to provide us with it. And my new technicians, Mikey & Bron, will know how to program it unlike the AEM EMS.

So the Audi has been moved from L&R Racing and now is in custody of Momentum Motor Parts. I can say that something will get started on the car. And hopefully,... the car will be up and running. I'll do my best to keep on posing updates. I'm thrilled that something will be done with it. I hope everyone else's projects are coming along too! =)

Cheers & hope to provide updates soon,

Stephen Ho
Audi R4R ('02 M3 Cab for now)
Old 03-19-2004, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's about time! What were the issues with the AEM?

That must be rough having to drive around in an M3 as your 2nd car.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Wiring Issues,...

Hey John!,

Yeah,... the M3 is what it is, but too flashy for my liking. On a more personal note, I've been working for my father who's the dealer principle for Jaguars, Land Rovers, Aston Martins, Bentleys, & Porsches. I took the M3 off of a trade in and I didn't want to buy the S4 because it would be from our DIREDT competition.

Anyways,... from what I know, the AEM will have issues with condensation. We thought about a plexiglass housing for it, but moisture will get in and mess it up for sure. And the wiring is not perfect,... grounding and voltage to each socket is not refined. We've been having a hard time going backwards trying to figure out why one of the cylinders doesn't feel like firing.

So we've tried replacing the ignition system and most of its components and it was not figured out. I think my mechanic got frustrated with the A4 and just left it there to sit and rot. So that's where things are right now,...

Thanks for asking John,...

Steve