Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Performance and Tuning
Reload this Page >

Newly installed Magnaflow Mufflers

Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newly installed Magnaflow Mufflers

Old 03-25-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newly installed Magnaflow Mufflers

So I recently had a local shop that is well known for many years for doing great custom work on all types of cars. My set up that they did is a deleted resonator with x-pipe muffler to the Magnaflow mufflers(the straight through design mufflers from Magnaflow).

My issue is that the drone noise inside the car is very bad. I understand that is normal for aftermarket exhausts but it is very bad. What can be done to reduce this noise? I am being told that perhaps adding a silencer in the muffler tip, which I doubt will work and not to mention will look like crap. Add resonators, add a reducer or simply swap out the straight through design mufflers for a baffled design.

So those are the options from the shop. I was thinking, add the resonators and delete the muffler. He doesn't recommend that because he says louder exhaust=more drone.

So I'm kind of at loss for what to do and let him do because I did mention that the last thing I wanted was a lot of drone. I don't want a high end car to sound like a frigging Honda Civic.