Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

opinions on KW vs. H&R coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2001, 09:45 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default opinions on KW vs. H&R coilovers?

folks,

so i've been reading up on suspension improvements i can make to my `00 s4 and concluded that coilovers seem like an interesting and worthwhile option for me (i don't track the car, but i like the idea of reduced body roll, not to mention the improved looks). however, in all my snooping around, i've found very little in the way of comparison between KW and H&R coilovers. can anyone provide any feedback regarding these two brands?

the H&R's appear to be highly regarded, but it seems that they do not have adjustable dampening (whereas the high-end KW's do). in reality, how useful is having the adjustable dampening?

thanks for any assistance.
Old 02-07-2001, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A thought/question on adjustables....

I have read that the springs need to be matched to the shocks. If you are constantly changing the firmness of the shocks, then the springs wouldn't exactly be matched to them..is this even slightly correct?

Anyway, HR is getting my $$$ because they have a good name, plus a group buy came along at the right time
Old 02-08-2001, 11:03 AM

Default Just to mix it up a little-anyone have thoughts preferences between KW V2, H&R Ultra or Intrax ERS?

Narrowed it down to these 3. Actually kind of leaning towards the Intrax, but haven't heard much about them from actual use.

mark
Old 02-08-2001, 02:24 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can you say more?

any reason in particular why the intrax is the frontrunner?
Old 02-08-2001, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Where can you get the intrax's online?
Old 02-08-2001, 04:29 PM

Default I have KW V1 on my 97 A4 and I love the ride...

my friend has H&R coilovers in his S4 and he's really happy with them. I think H&R's are a bit more stiffer than KW's. I think they are both really good ones.
Old 02-08-2001, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Where can you get the intrax's online?

supremepowerparts.com sells intrax suspension stuff online, but I don't konw what all they have. I'm sure there are some other places too, so you might want to look around for the best buy.
Old 02-08-2001, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Where can you get the intrax's online?

supremepowerparts.com sells intrax suspension stuff online, but I don't konw what all they have. I'm sure there are some other places too, so you might want to look around for the best buy.
Old 02-10-2001, 01:14 AM

Default Re: A thought/question on adjustables....

This is correct. But the adjustments on these kits are probably not substantial. If they were, then they would not be matched to the spring.

I personally hate H&R...my friend has it on his A4 and his car feels like a boat. It is too soft IMO. Like a factory softness, but it goes up and down up and down.

-Eric
Old 02-10-2001, 07:22 PM

Default Has tender springs and supposedely higher spring rates. Shock body is bigger as well.

Today APR semi-released some new suspension kits that should be nice as well. May have to wait and see what they pan out to be like.

Quick Reply: opinions on KW vs. H&R coilovers?