Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Out of warranty repair help please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of warranty repair help please!!!!!

Guys
This is a pretty big deal and Im looking to hear what your suggestions may be. I purchased my car new about 7 years ago and at about 25k miles I noticed small oil leaks on my garage floor. Along the years I have been taking it exclusively to about 4 different Audi dealers to be serviced. Im a fanatic about maintaining my car (oil chnages every 3k miles,chnaging fluids,detailing, etc) but thats besides the fact. On many occasions brang this oil leak issue to my service advisors attention always coming back mentioning that they did not see any oil leaks. I also change my own oil so after they mentioned there wasnt any oil leak I actually took out the engine cover (which had oil everywhere) and personally inspected the area. What it looked to me was oil all around the tranny and pretty much all over the bottom frame. So I took it in again and they had mentioned the oil I was seeing was a rust preventative that they put in the tranny. (sounded like a bunch of bolgna to me) I thought it may have been the tranny gasket that needed to be replaced so that was done. Guess what...still continued on seeing oil drips and continued seeing oil all around the engine cover. Something was obviously not right. On a few more occasions I took it in to another Audi dealer and stated that there was oil leaking and again Audi Dealer comes back saying that there are NO oil leaks that it is all residuals. So recently I took the car in to a Independant Audi guy and had him to check where all that oil was coming from. He tells me that its from the rear of the engine, the timing chain cover seals needed to be replaced and that was were the oil was droppping down from. A pretty costly and labor intensive job!!! (about $3,500) I knew it!!

SO NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM!

I am now outside of my warranty, on all these numerous occasions (when my car was under warranty) I brang my car to AUDI to have the oil leaks addressed they always came back and said all that I mentioned above. Never correctly identifying the problem and reparing it.

The million dollar question is....What do I do now? Should I contact my Audi reps and address this or call Audi Corporate direct?

Any suggestions or advise will be greatly helpfull and appreciated!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How many miles do you have on the car now? It looks like you have been out of warranty for about 3 years now? It would not hurt to at least call Audi directly and discuss it with them. If you have all your documentation from when you complained of oil leaks within the warranty period maybe it will help.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had an extended Audi warranty to 75k, which up to this time the oil leak concern was brought up plenty of times. car has now 103k. I have plenty of paperwork (repair orders) stating " customer states oil drips on floor" "customer sees oil dripping from transmission area" check & advise. they always came back saying "no leaks found" which apparently they never did find it however there was oil dripping from somewhere.