Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

PES = Outstanding Customer Service (Long)

Old 12-09-2000, 04:42 PM
Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PES = Outstanding Customer Service (Long)

As many of you know I have had a G2 supercharger on my car for the past couple of months. The power has been great but there were some problems that were very annoying. The biggest issue for me was the high noise level that the G2 put out. Please remember that I have an A6Q and while I do like to go to the track once or twice a year, the main purpose of the s/c was for more power as a daily driver. I like my cars with the level of toned down sophistication that you come expect from Audi and German cars in general. So as you can all imagine the noise was just taking me over the edge.

Tony Ricci and Mike Nuskey were also perplexed as to what was happening with my car. On Tuesday of last week I offered to fly Mike out to Chicago to check out my car. On Thursday Mike arrived in snowy Chicago, got into my car he knew immediately there was a problem by the noise the car made as I pulled out of the garage.

When we got to my office garage and Mike went to work immediately to diagnose the problem. To make a long story short, what Mike found was basically a very sloppy installation by my "certified" Porsche Audi mechanic. To give you an idea of how bad the install was; as Mike was taking off the s/c and intake manifold, he found that a plastic tie wrap was left between the manifold and the engine. That's like a surgeon leaving a scalpel in the patient after surgery. There were a number of other problems that were found with the install that I won't go into now.

Mike spent the next 6 hours installing a new s/c that he had brought with him into my A6Q. We tested the car out and the noise was virtually gone. I was in stealth mode. It was and is an incredible difference.

What I do want you all to know is the incredible attention to customer satisfaction that PES "Tony and Mike" have provided to me. As we all know, good customer service is hard to come by, especially after the sale is made. It was very gratifying to experience how these two wonderful individuals take a tremendous amount of pride in their company's reputation for taking care of the customer. They delivered!
Old 12-10-2000, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy to hear they took care of you...so you gonna get your money back from that tech?
Old 12-10-2000, 06:52 PM

Default Well that explains a few things...

I never did understand how you could have been having too much noise with the G2 - mine is just so quiet. And I presume that the pinging got fixed by this visit as well.

I had all manner of troubles with my G1. Some really were the G1 - like being rich sometimes. But most of my troubles came from installation and the fact that I didn't do it myself. Either things were done wrong, or, because I didn't do it myself I didn't 'own' things enough to get in there and find out for myself.

I went into the G1 thing thinking I could pay somebody to mind my car. By the G2 install I knew I had to do it all myself.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

No kidding...gross negligence. Crap could have gotten in the intake and REALLY screwed the engine
Old 12-11-2000, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: PES = Outstanding Customer Service (Long)

The more I hear about the G2 the more I want to do it! I'm thinking since Sept. and it might happen in spring '01.
The PES guys have one thing which is almost forgotten "pride in their work".
It's scary how people get away with the "Idon't care attitude".