Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!!

here's a letter i sent to awe-tuning~
please help! thank you
Dear AWE-Tuning,

i understand that this isn't a "sales" inquirty but please help!
i have been a loyal customer for awe-tuning for last 2 years and i have been in much trouble lately, not being able to solve some of the problems that has been with my audi a4 (2001). i have purchased numerous after-market parts from you guys (GIAC-Chip, Borla Exhaust, Bailey DV, ITG filter etc) and since half year ago, i have been having trouble with the engine! the dreaded check engine light keeps coming up!
i have brought my car to the dealership and they have explained that it was due to the after market chip.. i have brought it to you guys and someone stated that it was due to "cam positioning(?)" fault so it was the dealer was wasn't fixing it.. however, after removing my chip, when i brought it back to the dealership, they refused to fix it saying it was still the chip's fault (chip had caused irreversible damage). i had asked exactly what was wrong with it but they said they did not know exactly. (explained something about how the fine mechasism of audi had been altered and things are falling apart)
however, someone DID mention something about the cam positioning was at fault.. what exactly does that mean?
recently, also, the engine has been making a weird clicking or rattling noise... i had brought it to the dealer but they had stated that there was absolutely nothing wrong with it... everytime i bring it to the dealer stating that they should check the engine, they are even charing me money per hour to inspect the car stating that the chip is causing all the problems... the rattling/clicking noise comes when i first turn on the engine and especially loud on first 2 gears at around 2000 to 3000 rpm... have you guys any ideas why this could be happening also? i understand that this has really nothing to do with the sales of your products but i am really stuck between the rock and the hard place.. please hlep~~~
thank you VERY VERY much..
sincerely,

Richard T. Kuk

2001 Audi A4 1.8T manual shift
Old 07-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Elder Member

Default Sounds like the cam positioning adjuster is failing and the dealer is using the chip as a reason not

to do the work.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:44 PM

Default im no lawyer...

but i believe the burden is on the dealership to prove that the damage was due to your aftermarket part.....

what you have sounds like it could develop into a major problem, & i dont see how it could have been influenced by the chip. id get a lawyer involved & have him send a nice letter to the dealership
Old 07-19-2003, 06:32 PM
No Bozos!

Default Agreed

I am in customer service, for other products, and when we run across modifications to our equipment, we always make sure that it is(or is not) the aftermarket part FIRST, before any blame is given.