Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Question: Who knows of a good perfornace exhaust that is not loud and that will work with (more)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Who knows of a good perfornace exhaust that is not loud and that will work with (more)

an apr stage 3 kit? I currently have a milltek exhaust and when I accelerate i get a lound droan through the cabin. IDle sounds perfect. Just when you accelerate from 1000rpm to 3500rpm, the exhaust tone has a very prononuced resonance. After 3500 the resonance easys off. I find my self now trying to keep the rmps above 3500 rmp to avoid the resonance in the cabin. I checked the exhaust system for any leaks or rubbing to no avail. Personally, i would like a good flowing exhaust that would be as quiet as an OEM exhaust. I prefer to hear the turbo spooling.

Also, keep in mind i will probably do a stage 3 kit before next year. I had one suggestion of retrofitting a S4 exhaust off of my milltek downpipe. S4 exhuast has a 2.5" diameter and supersprint is 2.25" Any other suggestions?