Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

FOR SALE 2000 S4 GIAC Chip, 80hp increase.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOR SALE 2000 S4 GIAC Chip, 80hp increase.

2000 S4 Chip,80hp increase.
I am looking to sell this chip for $550.
When this chip was put into my S4, it was not the same car anymore. If I was next to a regular S4 on the road he would always be in my rear view mirror. I just returned my S4 for the end of my leese. The Chip was in my car for less than a year. This chip is incredible. If you have an S4 & do not have one of these chips U need one.

The name of the Company that I bought the chip from is Pes Tuning.

WHY CHIP YOUR CAR ?
Replacement of the standard OEM computer chip in your car is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to reap significant performance gains from your vehicle. Automakers are constantly faced with compromise in designing a vehicle which will perform reliably and to the satisfaction of a wide range of owners. From the meticulous, maintenance-minded enthusiast to the train station, grocery getter; from top-of the -line, premium gasoline buyers to those using bargain basement off-brands, the cars must perform consistently. For this reason, automakers must "dial out" a significant level of performance potential in the standard engine computer control systems. This performance has already been engineered into the rest of the car, but it can't be made available to the typical buyer for fear of his/her maintenance habits. This power reserve is just sitting there, waiting to be unleashed. What's the catch? Well, there is one: you must be willing to maintain your car in accordance with the manufacturers recommended schedule and to use name-brand, quality fuels and lubricants. That's it!! If you're reading this web page, you probably already do this anyway.
NOT ALL CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL Having said all this, we now offer a word of caution: not all suppliers' chips deliver the same level of performance improvement. The specific level of improvement depends on two things: 1) how much the specific programmer knows about program (map) enhancement and, 2)how hard they're willing to work at it. A typical ECU contains literally hundreds of "maps" which control the fuel delivery system based upon such external factors as air temperature, load and throttle position. In order to achieve broad-band performance enhancement across the rpm range of the engine, a great many of these maps must be reviewed and modified. That takes a lot of know-how and a lot of time. Beware of chips claiming "peak" horsepower gains - this often means that the benefits are limited to a very narrow operating range of the engine. Great for advertising copy, but not too helpful for the street or track. All PES/GIAC chips have been engineered for a broad range of power increase and improved throttle response.
OBD 2 CONSIDERATIONS OBD2 (On Board Diagnostics v2) was adopted by the federal government in 1995 in an attempt to reduce air pollution. OBD2 is a program which monitors all of the engines systems, and will set a "check engine" light as well as store a code if a particular system malfunctions. This program also has adaptive capabilities which allow it to add or subtract fuel if it detects an air/fuel ratio which is harmful to emissions or the engine. The adaptive nature of today's ECU's create a huge challenge for chip tuners. If a tuner makes hasty changes in fuel delivery, ignition timing, and boost, what may be a powerful chip on the Dyno today, may actually adapt to even less than stock power in a short time. The chips offered by PES/GIAC have gone through many hours of extensive "real time" testing using data logging software. We guarantee that your car will maintain the added horsepower and torque that is was tuned for.
THE PES CHIP GUARANTEE PES/GIAC chip designs are designed to ensure the delivery of maximum hp and torque at ALL engine speeds. Our designers make sure that the chip you install delivers performance in the world you drive in, not just in some advertising copy.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:54 PM

Default You price seem a little high for a used chip and board. To buy one new is only $595 from PES.

Most people selling a chip get between 1/2 to 3/4 of their money back. While your trying to sell it at a $45 loss.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Your price

I spoke with someone in the S4 Forum & he shared that chips do not decrease in value. However, I would consider an offer below what I am asking. It is strange that you feel as though you need to make a comment pertaining to my offer, yet you are not even interested in the chip in the first place. Thank you though for sticking your nose in my business.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:13 PM

Default Well if you would have checked that most used chips and chip boards

will sell for much less. Even trying to get rid of a used ecu with a chip in it is not so easy. If your just selling the chip and board the person buying it from you will have to have someone install it for him and that will cost him about $50-$150.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:39 PM

Default More importantly....

Last time I checked this isn't the forsale board.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:34 PM

Default 1. This is not a classifieds board 2. Protecting the uninformed consumer

Is it worth what you are asking, probably not. Is it fair for someone to let the possible buyer know, yes, because you posted on a public forum. Simple as that.

Mike
Old 06-13-2002, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

why not try and make a profit off of it?
Old 06-13-2002, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

When you post in a public forum its everyones bussiness..
Old 06-15-2002, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 80hp......I don't think so.....

I don't mean to sound insulting, but your post sounds like you are addressing a bunch of uneducated "lay" people, much like a car salesman does. They always seem to think they know so much more than the customer. Most people on this forum know the S4 aftermarket inside and out. All current chips produce power gains between 45-60hp. If you want an 80hp gain, you need to add downpipes and exhaust. An exhaust is a device that.....ah, forget it!
Old 06-17-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Maybe someone told him that the chip was giving him an extra 80 hp? A while back

I met up with a fellow S4 owner at a light. We raced and I beat him by a car or two to the next light. We ended up talking and he said he's "APR" chip gave him a total of 400 hp. I almost laughed at that but didn't want to seem rude. I asked him where did he get that info? He said "APR told me when I bought it" I immediately corrected the situation and told him exactly when you stated above. I highly doubt it that "APR" would do say such a thing but you never know what people tend to believe as truth.