Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Tcu a6 c5 can bus code 01196

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tcu a6 c5 can bus code 01196

We have this car as new for us we brought it with a transmission problem we check everything as it say at Bentley manual and we are working with auto data diagrams to make test and ensure we no forget something but is still giving code and prdn432 is still on bold on cluster any suggestion I'm getting the vagcom on next Wednesday
Transmission is on limp mode
We have power and ground where it have to be check valves and solenoids
Can bus measure done only one computer 120 ohms and 2 50ohms just with ignition
Old 04-20-2020, 12:39 AM
T28
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it has been a long time but maybe this will help
My Q7 had the same thing , and sometimes it would not start, the dealers told me I need a new transmission but Been a mechanic my self I knew it was not the case
I found out that the car had been involved in accident before, found out that the car has a safety cable that goes from the battery to the starter, and in case of collision it burns to prevent the car from restart, but if it does not burn completely it causes all sort of problems that make us believe it is a transmission problems,
had to order this cable from Germany Audi and after I changed I cleared all the codes and never had the problem any more.