Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Update: Ex. leaks found, running, but need to fix those

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Ex. leaks found, running, but need to fix those

Drove it to the exhaust shop and had them do the work now. They helped find my leaks, but that requires some fun work to fix. I'm gonna drive it as is till I get off and can work on it over xmas break. The first leak is on the 1st cylinder, so I need to yank the manifold and have it ground flush, because apparently its a little warped. Also got one where that stud broke off so I'll have them drill it out while its there, but its such a relief to be drivable again. My idle is having a problem after i push in the clutch, like to stop or change gears, but only one of every 25 times or so. It slips down to 350rpm or so occasionally. It hasn't stalled itself, but it felt like it was about to at times. Any thoughts? I have that one way valve that I think relates to that system, but don't know what to do with it. It is the one hose over on the left side of the bay, that split off and went up along the firewall and then out around the air box and down into the intake. I just disconnected it at the valve. I flipped the valve around, but then it was sucking air in and really messing with the idle. Should I just cap it off?
Thanks
Steve