Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Warning: AUTOBAHN INTERNATIONAL - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER TREATMENT AND VERBAL ABUSE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: AUTOBAHN INTERNATIONAL - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER TREATMENT AND VERBAL ABUSE!

Now I am forced to do what I hate! Rant!

For god sakes, no one ever purchase anything from Autobahn International!

Pete Priebe, owner of Autobahn International is a terrible business man, and a pathetic person too.

Way back in September, I clicked on that Autobahn International Banner, and that is where my trouble started.

Here is my account of dealing with Autobahn International...

I ordered a pair of PIAA Superwhite bulbs for my A4. Two weeks go by, and no bulbs. So I called Autobahn
International again to get a tracking number or any information at all. The person I spoke with said there was no
evidence of my tranaction in their "computer" and she would have someone call me back within a few hours. No one
ever called back.

Then a few weeks later (4 weeks after my original order) a FedEx package arrives at my house with some no-name
bulbs and no paperwork or invoice... nothing. Then I noticed that I was charged $70.40 for the bulbs on my September
Amex statement (which was more than my original quote of $50 something...).

Since I never heard back from them, I assumed the order was lost and I purchased bulbs elsewhere. I called and
spoke to Peter Priebe, owner of Autobahn, and he told me to FedEx the bulbs back to him right away, and he would
credit the charge back to me immediately. He also asked me to write and include a note of the events transpired.

Another month passes, and still no credit on my November Amex Statement. I then called, and asked to speak to
Peter Priebe again, and he refused to take my call. I was told by the persone I spoke to that they had no record of the
transaction, and I have to send them a copy of my Amex statement to get a credit.

Today, I finally called again, and got through to Peter Priebe, explained the situation... told him how upset I wss over
this situation... AND THEN HE BECAME VERBALLY ABUSIVE! He started cursing at me, told me that this was the
first time he was aware of this problem (with he termed as my "PIECE OF ****"... and F-this and F-that...).
Disgusting... good lord... he charged me... didn't deliver, and now he has to verbally assault me?

Then about 10 minutes after he hung up on me, he called back, and and verbally assaulted me again. The then said,
and I quote... "Happy now buddy? I took care of your F*CKING CREDIT... AS*HOLE!". This time I was so incised I
just told him to go F-himself too and hung up the telephone.

I am so insulted, I cannot believe that a company like this is even allowed to advertise on Audiworld. So please, a
word of warning before you click on that Autobahn International.
Old 11-06-2000, 11:48 AM

they suck!
Old 11-06-2000, 03:04 PM

Default Wow! Yeh, I had a nice wait for my Kamei Sport Grille...

I ordered it and it took about a month to get it after calling several times. However, I did not get verbally beat down like that. Sorry dude....I guess if enough people stop buying from them it will hurt him in the wallet. So, needless to say after my problem and now hearing yours I will not buy anything else from them.
Old 11-06-2000, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

They screwed me on shock/spring order. Wrong price quoted and then charged different
Old 11-07-2000, 03:43 AM
CK

Default Yikes. Thanks for the warning. Where has professionalism gone these days?

Anyone who runs a business better figure out quickly which side their bread is buttered on. There's too many Audi performance shops to support those that provide poor service.
Old 11-07-2000, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the warning, that's what this site is all about.
VERBAL ABUSE!
Old 11-07-2000, 12:19 PM

Thanks for the warning, that's what this site is all about.