Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

X Post Need Advice : Check engine light, and oil pressure light on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X Post Need Advice : Check engine light, and oil pressure light on!!!

My oil light ( blinking oil can after three beeps) has been coming on. but it will come on, and then go out. this has been happening while driving any range of speed. I had the oil changed, thinking that the oil might have been breaking down, it was getting a lot of usage, ( and my audi dealer told me there was nothing to worry about) the light now comes on and stays on, and this afternoon the check engine light came on. if I shut the car down, the status check says everything is okay, and the oil light stays off, sometimes it doesnt come back on. I visited an audi dealer on tuesday morning, and they said since the light wasnt staying on, that it was most likely a bad sensor, and I shouldnt worry, besides, if I did blow the motor, its under warranty so I shouldnt worry about it. (this is the service manager telling me this) I called them today after the check engine light came on, and the same service manager said : what do you want me to do about it, bring the car in next week sometime....

WHAT SHOULD I DO??? does this sound like a sensor, or am I about to blow the motor... the coolant Temp and oil temp have been normal.

oh yeah, and occasionally, there is a buzzing noise from under the hood, almost like a valve bottoming out on something.....

(01.5 1.8t)

TIA

~e
Old 07-18-2003, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: X Post Need Advice : Check engine light, and oil pressure light on!!!

I might bring it in while the light is on or blinking to show it to them, that or bring it over and try and reproduce it.