Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Community Discussion > Photography Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA Rechargeable Batteries - Which are best.

AA Rechargeable Batteries - Which are best.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AA Rechargeable Batteries - Which are best.

I've been struggling recently with the traditional NiMH rechargeable batteries, specifically the Duracell 2600mah versions. They just don't hold their charge very well at all.

I had been overlooking the "precharged" Duracell rechargeables, mistakingly believing that they were no good. Well, I was dead wrong.

Not only are they ready for use right out of the box, but, because of their ability to hold a charge significantly longer than traditional NiMH batteries, they perform BETTER in my flash units than the older style NiMH batteries, even though they have a lower output rating (the voltage is the same, but the current is lower, 1650 vs. 1200 mah).

I picked up a set with a 15 minute charger, and the batteries are made in Japan, while the loose batteries I've found are made in China. Not sure what the difference is real life, but in some on-line, the Japanese made batteries are the same as the highly vaunted Sanyo Eneloops. The key apparently is the white ring around the + terminal on the top of the battery.

So far, I've had them in my flash for a week, and they still function perfectly, whereas my NiMH batteries would be flat after one night.

I'm converted. =)