Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Community Discussion > Photography Discussion
Reload this Page >

Pagin Kris Hansen - I found the triggers im using.

Pagin Kris Hansen - I found the triggers im using.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pagin Kris Hansen - I found the triggers im using.

Seriously...for 20 bucks....isnt it worth it?

They have more than paid for themselves after the first shoot. =]<ul><li><a href="http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13089">Yongnuo</a></li></ul>
Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Elder Member

Default if those are bulletbroof, then you can't beat the price. but my nod goes for the cybersyncs

They're not cheap, but they sure as hell a lot cheaper than pocketwizards. I used to have a set of cheapo ebay cactus triggers and they were ridiculously buggy. Misfires constantly and random dead spots - it was just infuriating. After two shoots with them, I had enough and got the cybersyncs. They have never let me down to date - I had one instance where I was getting misfires for some reason, but a quick change of the channel quickly fixed that.

Like I said, if those work, more power to you. But with triggers, you need them to be reliable and the cybersyncs have been nothing but reliable for me.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Oh i dont blame you, just as stated, photography doesnt make me the money to warrent that yet.

These also have two channels...which is a nice feature for so cheap.

Most reviews are better than the Cactus remotes too. Lots of reports of those dying...but not these.

Id also like to say, that most of my misfires were from BEFORE i 'fixed' the hot shoe mount. They really work a treat...and have worked great for my measley shoots. haha
Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
TGK
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have those with some flashes for fun....Work awesome!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default One CST and as many battery powered CSRB's as needed?

I'm lost in all their marketing, but it seems that's what I need if my intent was to fire several flash units...say while photographing the interior of a house?

The "+" designation seems to be something that will work with that commander thing, which appears to be suited for studio work rather than a portably multi-light package?

*confused*
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Elder Member

Default yep....one transmitter and as many receivers as you want

obviously you'll need to find a way to connect your flash to the trigger. if you have a hotshoe-pc mount or your flash has a pc connection, the CS comes with a cable for that.

as for the + designation, i have no stinkin idea. I'm guessing you're right about the whole commander thingy, which is for the alien bee strobes.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Elder Member

Default hey man, why spend the money if they work

my cactus ones didn't so I had to spend more to get ones that did. I have a yongnuo wireless remote and it hasn't failed me yet.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
TGK
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Holy crap, My flash and trigger fell off a half pipe tonight. The trigger exploded.....

1st thought, oh **** flash is toast! It was fine though. Saw the trigger, and the back plate flew off with the batteries. Put it back together and worked perfect. I could not believe a 5 cent POS Chinese trigger could survive that!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, the + is for the fancy "control ratios from the central unit" dealie thing

Optical slaves will also work if you only want to get one receiver for now, especially if all your lights are in the same room. I don't know why people buy the Cactus units. Save a couple more bucks for the Cybersyncs (they're really not expensive) and be happy instead of frustrated. That's personal experience talking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pagin Kris Hansen - I found the triggers im using.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: