Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2016 Audi Q3 Windshield Problems - Cracked twice within two months

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Audi Q3 Windshield Problems - Cracked twice within two months

I have purchased Audi Q3 Prestige package about 2 months ago. I was driving on a different highway about 60-70 mph in the night and I suddenly heard noise which was like water bottle popping because of vacuum. When I saw the windshield next day, I saw a crack on my windshield on the passenger side. Initially I thought, something might've hit the windshield. I changed the windshield glass at the Audi dealer with original Audi glass as my car is new.

It was not even two weeks, My wife and I was driving on a highway about 70 mph, the windshield cracked again with the same noise. Since this happened during day time, we were very sure that nothing was hit and it got cracked by itself. We immediately called the Audi customer care and we were told to work with the dealer. I dropped my car at the dealer and asked them to check if there is any problem with the car or the glass.

The called me back and told that the crack looked like something hit and since this was the second time happening again, they would bear the deductibles for the change the glass. But, they didn't agree there is a problem with the car.

I would like to know,
What if this happens again? because I am very sure that nothing hit the vehicle.
Is the windshield very vulnerable to the car speed and small rocks?
If there is no problems with the vehicle, why would they agree to pay the deductibles?
Has anyone experienced the same issue with any other models?

Please share your feedback.

Thanks