Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

All- weather floor mats?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 AM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All- weather floor mats?

Since it is snowing a lot here in the East and we want to keep the interior of our new Q3 clean, any leads on all -weather mats? Weathertech will not have production of the Q3 front row for another 6-8 weeks (yeah I could do universal fit and trim but that is kinda fugly). None of my local Audi dealers stock the all -weather mats for this model yet.

I have found some OEM sets on German eBay and may go that route. I was wondering if anyone knows if the the mats from the VW Tiguan might fit since they share a platform or alternatively if the ones from the Q5/7 might also fit?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

The floor pans in vehicles (and therefore the mats) seem somewhat unique. I doubt you'll find a good fit using that strategy.

As an alternate: go to your local auto parts store and find some generic mats. That will be far less $$$. Some of them will be trim-able with a razor knife, etc. Get the correct mats when they become available.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

A few of us on another Q3 site ordered rubber mats from Spain and they fit great.
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2015, 04:32 PM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

What site did you order from?
Old 02-27-2015, 05:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kbh
What site did you order from?
Alfombrillas de Goma delanteras - 8U1061501041

Paid about $110 shipped for the front mats. A group buy might get you a little better price on shipping.

Plus and this is big, please confirm when you order thet are for LHD. Someone else ordered a pair of mats from the UK and didn't realize until he received them that they were for a RHD Q3.

Even though I swear by Weathertech, I've lost all hope of them ever doing the mats for the front Q3. So these were bought a few months ago and Weathertech originally told me back in Sept they would have the mats within 6-8 weeks. Yeah right.

Last edited by MPBQ3; 02-27-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Once they are sold in the US I don't see the need to look at Weathertech, these are good quality mats for a very decent price. If I recall correctly I got mine for 85 dollars front and back.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:33 AM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MPBQ3
Alfombrillas de Goma delanteras - 8U1061501041

Paid about $110 shipped for the front mats. A group buy might get you a little better price on shipping.
Thank you for the link. I looked at their site and the mats themselves are reasonably priced but the shipping/duties totals about $80. I bought some inexpensive mats at Target just to have something in the car for now. We'll drive the car for a few weeks and see what other little toys we might want and then jump in for a bigger purchase to make the shipping worthwhile.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For some reason unknown Audi won't sell these in the USA, but they're a perfect fit for our Q3.

Try a group purchase here to bring the shipping price down and as far as Weathertech, who know's why they keep on delaying the release of these.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 PM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

Since the Q3 is a new model here, my guess is they are waiting to see what kind of sales volume they might realize before committing machining and material costs to producing them.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kbh
Since the Q3 is a new model here, my guess is they are waiting to see what kind of sales volume they might realize before committing machining and material costs to producing them.
I hardly doubt that as they do have the rear and trunk mats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All- weather floor mats?