Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Leasing 2018 Q3

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck getting a 20% discount if you BUY the car. If you are leasing you are subject to the vagaries of the deal. There are variables that can make comparing a monthly payment difficult. If you think you are getting a 20% discount when leasing- you likely are not. Doing the NPV on the deal is the only way to really know what kind of deal you are getting. By leasing, you enter THEIR game.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Trying to start at ~20% off MSRP on a 2018 Q3 really isn't realistic.
trying to get double digits isn't realistic either, as far as straight discount (not incentive based)
Old 07-29-2017, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i got double digit discounts where others said i couldnt on the new facelift 2016 Q3 and it was an ordered spec'd car back in 2015. it wasnt a floor or lot car. it took a few months for the build.

if you want to learn how to make the deal just do what im telling you. there is a reason why. the car is no longer desirable to the main market. its a niche car and the car is due for a full mqb over haul very soon. the dealerships are currently stocked way too much on these cars. auto reviews all say its past its prime for the current market so making a deal will happen. it is very difficult to get deals but each dealership also will treat the deals differently so youll need to shop at different places as well as different salesman will also have a huge influence on the manager who approves the deal.

i usually dont help out with actual numbers cause of posters like above. i dont usually teach others my personal methods. it will take time and patience. also if your interested in a bmw Z4 2016 brand new, my local bmw dealer has one and is offering 25% off msrp. deals are around you just need to find them and work them out.

while i do agree that leasing is a game and boy is it a game, and you shouldnt let them play you. leasing can be different but with respect to a few things. you should always keep it simple meaning that you shouldnt allow all these extra fees they tack on be added. you can say no to these. leasing has only a few items that must be added and the rest of the numbers is just like buying any car and when you buy a car its the price that can be negotiated. at first leasing is crazy difficult because of the new lingo they throw at you. just get familiar with the basic terms. these new terms are at the basic essence to make sure your confused as hell. there is just no real need to do it like that other than to make sure the buyer is so lost that they will agree to anything after sitting there dealing for hours. i usually just leave right before i get hungry. patience can either be your strength or your down fall to their game cause if you dont have it they will win. if your at anypoint overwhelmed walk away for the day, is the motto. they need you and not the other way around.

as for fees, there are a few you must pay and there is no way around it. learn what they are. look it up. youll learn more that way.
once you figure out which ones are a must the only other thing is to deal the price. its that simple. dont let them throw in new terms and fees as its a way to distract you.

now i do understand that dealing is a skill that not everyone can master but at least youll know what you must pay, which fees you should say no to, and whats negotiable. worst case, just walk away for another day.

as a request, when your done with your research on the fees as to what needs to be paid, post it up here. im sure youll find that there are not many.

another tip, dont do any trade in on the same deal. its also another trick they use to distract you. thats another whole topic.

Last edited by 949; 07-29-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 949
i got double digit discounts where others said i couldnt on the new facelift 2016 Q3 and it was an ordered spec'd car. it wasnt a floor or lot car. it took a few months for the build.

if you want to learn how to make the deal just do what im telling you. there is a reason why. the car is no longer desirable to the main market. its a niche car and the car is due for a full mqb over haul very soon. the dealerships are currently stocked way too much on these cars. auto reviews all say its past its prime for the current market so making a deal will happen. it is very difficult to get deals but each dealership also will treat the deals differently so youll need to shop at different places as well as different salesman will also have a huge influence on the manager who approves the deal.

i usually dont help out with actual numbers cause of posters like above. i dont usually teach others my personal methods. it will take time and patience. also if your interested in a bmw Z4 2016 brand new, my local bmw dealer has one and is offering 25% off msrp. deals are around you just need to find them and work them out.
Stocked way too much? I have 0 in stock. They all sold out this month and am waiting for more to arrive that are already pre-sold.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Stocked way too much? I have 0 in stock. They all sold out this month and am waiting for more to arrive that are already pre-sold.
then go to another dealership. are you working at this particular dealership or affiliated with a dealership?
dealerships make it hard to get a good price by holding out on inventory or just making it seem like they are out of cars. there are tactics to do this.

dealerships are a crappy place to deal with but why do we do this in the first place. when people just go with the flow the dealership wins.

im here to help you out and if your interested just let me know. for those who dont care to learn it or want to just go with the flow or already have an opinion then just ignore my posts, im not here to convince you. i dont care to convince you. im not getting paid for this or am i getting my jolly's as many do with, "i think your wrong".

your free to believe in anything you want to, as am i but this guy is asking and im here to share with him. im not here to debate any of this as i dont have time for all the debate. just add this to the other two things most people dont like to debate about, religion and politics.

here is a fun video about dealerships.

Last edited by 949; 07-29-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought my lease numbers may help

2017 A3 Premium Plus

MSRP $40,650
12k miles
36 months
Summer Event 1st month free

I paid $1500 out of pocket/drive off and I am paying $370 that includes taxes here in CA, Los Angeles (high *** tax rate).

I basically called one dealer and told the sales rep exact numbers I wanted and I was gonna take the car the next day. He called me back in 15 minutes to let me know the deal is done. Went over the next day and picked up the car.

Before I did this, I asked my broker friend and he told me that my asking lease price was absurd and that it can not be done.

After I got my car, I thought to myself that I could have gotten it a bit lower than my deal but overall I am quite happy.

For the numbers you provided, I would be like

$1000 drive off
10k miles
$330 taxes included
1st month free
Old 08-19-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

The OP's .62 residual seems high for a 3 year lease.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just got a 2018 Q3 MSRP 37K with 0 down, 36 months 10K, $360 all in.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiOppa
I thought my lease numbers may help

2017 A3 Premium Plus

MSRP $40,650
12k miles
36 months
Summer Event 1st month free

I paid $1500 out of pocket/drive off and I am paying $370 that includes taxes here in CA, Los Angeles (high *** tax rate).

I basically called one dealer and told the sales rep exact numbers I wanted and I was gonna take the car the next day. He called me back in 15 minutes to let me know the deal is done. Went over the next day and picked up the car.

Before I did this, I asked my broker friend and he told me that my asking lease price was absurd and that it can not be done.

After I got my car, I thought to myself that I could have gotten it a bit lower than my deal but overall I am quite happy.

For the numbers you provided, I would be like

$1000 drive off
10k miles
$330 taxes included
1st month free
Did you have any incentives applied like loyalty or new owner? if so how much? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you have any incentives applied like loyalty or new owner? if so how much? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Leasing 2018 Q3