Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

No Memory or Ventilated Seats may be a deal breaker

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Memory or Ventilated Seats may be a deal breaker

I have had memory and ventilated seats in most of my cars over the past 10 years. I am really surprised memory seats are not going to be an option for this car. Not as surprised about no ventilated seats but still disappointed. Is this a deal breaker for anyone else or perhaps just me...........
Old 06-12-2019, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Having owned ventilated seats in multiple German and Japanese cars, no, absolutely don't care, as they are, at best, mediocre. Plus, heating function never seems to work as well as the cars without the perforations....also way easier to clean the "solid" seat. I'd frankly take a car with or without out if the car had the other stuff I wanted

Seat memory, guess it depends how many people are going to be drivers. Since I'm the only one, it's a function I have, and never once use.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

memory seats aren't a deal breaker for me, but i would be the only driver. however, i would really like to get back to having ventilated seats. i went from a Grand Cherokee with them to an SQ5 without them, and i def miss them when i leave the office in the summer. if Audi want to remain competitive, they will eventually have to make them available. hell, even the RAV4 has them available.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by -hef-
memory seats aren't a deal breaker for me, but i would be the only driver. however, i would really like to get back to having ventilated seats. i went from a Grand Cherokee with them to an SQ5 without them, and i def miss them when i leave the office in the summer. if Audi want to remain competitive, they will eventually have to make them available. hell, even the RAV4 has them available.
Different cars have different things. The Q3 has things the Rav4 doesn’t have as well. Leather, as standard,
being one big one (for many). Where you place your emphasis, is of course your own choice.

On a 95 degree day, idc what color the interior is
nor whether you have ventilated seats or not. You will be hot for a few minutes. No feature, short of remote start where you can control cabin temp, will
alter that significantly imho (having owned plenty of cars with and without ventilated seats). They wouldn’t be my active choice again. One spilled drink taught me that.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

No Memory is not good, Ventilated, I never had it.
But I was playing with the build sheet and noticed that the Premium trim level lists under the Seating category, when you are done building a vehicle and look at the .pdf. it lists a Power Driver seat. (singular). I assume that means the passenger is manual? How can that be? Is the driver seat eight-way? I guess I have to wait till one shows up on the lot.
Only when I build Premium Plus trim level, then under Seating does it list eight-way power front seats and Four-way power lumbar on front seats.