AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q3 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q3-discussion-195/)
-   -   Q3 Audi Care (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q3-discussion-195/q3-audi-care-2877413/)

Audphile 01-12-2015 09:05 AM

Q3 Audi Care

My local dealer quoted me a price of $860 for Audi Care. This, as you probably know, covers the 15, 25, 35, and 45K services. Anyone know about how much you save compared to paying for each service?

Don Keener 01-12-2015 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Audphile (Post 24644763)
My local dealer quoted me a price of $860 for Audi Care. This, as you probably know, covers the 15, 25, 35, and 45K services. Anyone know about how much you save compared to paying for each service?

My understanding is that it represents a 10-15% savings. Im buying it for my Q5 which is coming in a few days.

MPBQ3 01-12-2015 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Don Keener (Post 24644892)
My understanding is that it represents a 10-15% savings. Im buying it for my Q5 which is coming in a few days.

You should really see what it includes before making the purchase becasuse in most cases they do alot of "checking".

I'm sure this can be done at a local shop for a lot less.

http://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/a...ombined_j2.pdf

irenesbob 01-13-2015 08:06 AM

Four oil changes at $115 each and the spark plug change at 35,000 miles ($400) bring you right to $860. The DSG ATF oil and transmission filter change at 35K miles has got to cost something. If you are still under Audi Care by the 3 yr mark it would include replacing the Haldex clutch oil as well. Also, some things are replaced like the dust/pollen and air filter elements.
Whatever else is done in terms of inspections takes time and may be done better using the Audi test equipment and knowledge base. Whether done at an Audi place or an independent repair shop there are cost implications to these inspections and checks that could reveal problems that need addressing. It could be a mistake to assume the “checking and inspecting” is without value and should have no cost implications.
Also, if you plan to or decide to trade or sell the car before Audi Care expires, having it will add to the value at that time. If you get Audi Care when leasing a new Audi it increases the residual value by 1%, meaning your monthly payment is lower. This also means Audi believes that having all the required maintenance performed makes the vehicle worth more in the long run.

Audphile 01-13-2015 10:50 AM

Thanks all! Seems as if you do save a few $'s and I planned on having the dealer do all my services especially while I'm still under warranty.

MPBQ3 01-13-2015 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by irenesbob (Post 24645109)
Four oil changes at $115 each and the spark plug change at 35,000 miles ($400) bring you right to $860. The DSG ATF oil and transmission filter change at 35K miles has got to cost something. If you are still under Audi Care by the 3 yr mark it would include replacing the Haldex clutch oil as well. Also, some things are replaced like the dust/pollen and air filter elements.
Whatever else is done in terms of inspections takes time and may be done better using the Audi test equipment and knowledge base. Whether done at an Audi place or an independent repair shop there are cost implications to these inspections and checks that could reveal problems that need addressing. It could be a mistake to assume the “checking and inspecting” is without value and should have no cost implications.
Also, if you plan to or decide to trade or sell the car before Audi Care expires, having it will add to the value at that time. If you get Audi Care when leasing a new Audi it increases the residual value by 1%, meaning your monthly payment is lower. This also means Audi believes that having all the required maintenance performed makes the vehicle worth more in the long run.

Items mentioned can be done for a lot less at a local shop.

Any other items will be covered under warranty either way.

irenesbob 01-13-2015 02:25 PM

No doubt, but I personally don't know any local shops I would trust with my Audi.

MPBQ3 01-13-2015 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by irenesbob (Post 24645275)
No doubt, but I personally don't know any local shops I would trust with my Audi.

That could be a problem.

Guess you need to make some contacts and ask around.

Audphile 01-14-2015 05:42 AM

So who does Audi get their fluids from? Are they German, say Ravenol, or do they come from elsewhere?