Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

radio presets

Old 12-13-2016, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio presets

I just bought a 2017 Audi Q3, Prestige package, sport plus, all black, for my wife for Christmas, she loves it. (early present)
She is still figuring out the radio. The interface seems a little, how can I say this, clunky.
Is there a way to make the presets come up by default? Right now, when she wants the radio controls in the middle, over the steering wheel, FM or something else comes up. She has to go through a ridiculous series of button presses to get presets there. This seems just a little dangerous to me, while driving. She would like it to default to presets, but I haven't found out how to do this yet.
Surely Audi does not expect her to start the car, then wait 2 minutes for the systems to boot and stabilize before she starts driving? Or do they?
Old 12-16-2016, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

wow what can I say.
I am overwhelmed by all of your responses
thank you
Old 12-26-2016, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Another quick response here. Trading my A3 Cab for a 2017 Q3 Prestige also. Believe that the preset set up is similar to my A3. Owner's manual instructs how to load presets into MMI. Go to console & toggle to Radio & then hit PRESETS. Stations should show up on screen. When you get this far press down your controller & rotate to your station. You might also try VOICE input with your requests. Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have taken delivery of my 2017 Q3 Prestige w/Bose/MMI. Have my stations set in presets. Approx 20. Mixed Sirius/am/fm. When I took delivery the Audi dealer has a "tech" on staff who went thru the MMI/presets etc. Assume you have already read all necessary info in the MMi book. When car is started make sure that "presets" is pressed-then saved stations should appear.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

still clunky
I expected better than this
Old 01-22-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

well after 2 months what can I say? she hated it
the way the electronics all reset to zero every time she turned on the car. It had to read her address book and music card every time. It was like booting up a computer every time. Yes, I used past tense there, it "had" to read...
yesterday we traded it back in for a 17 Tiguan. So much better... took a bath on the lease of course but as long as the mrs is happy. happy wife happy life
we are telling people we got rid of the Audi because she didn't like the radio. haha it's kind of true. it's funny, the finance lady knew exactly what we were talking about and she is going through the same thing with her A3.
c-ya!
no mas
Old 01-25-2017, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Scrambled MMI

Originally Posted by sdtag
I just bought a 2017 Audi Q3, Prestige package, sport plus, all black, for my wife for Christmas, she loves it. (early present)
She is still figuring out the radio. The interface seems a little, how can I say this, clunky.
Is there a way to make the presets come up by default? Right now, when she wants the radio controls in the middle, over the steering wheel, FM or something else comes up. She has to go through a ridiculous series of button presses to get presets there. This seems just a little dangerous to me, while driving. She would like it to default to presets, but I haven't found out how to do this yet.
Surely Audi does not expect her to start the car, then wait 2 minutes for the systems to boot and stabilize before she starts driving? Or do they?
Have service date 2/2 for this. Will advise after.

Are you still on the Q3 forum. Have same problem.

Last edited by greasykid; 01-27-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Scrambled MMI

Originally Posted by greasykid
Have service date 2/2 for this. Will advise after.

Are you still on the Q3 forum. Have same problem.
Had my dealer appointment this week re messed up MMI presets. Apparently there is an update fix. Got my Q3 back the same day. So far ok. Only real PIA is that I have to reenter all my personal data.

Search this Thread